Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Have constant buffering now on NFL network, waiting for the late games.

Just turned it on and I have similar.... every 5-6 seconds, it skips for a second :mad:

Is it like that when watching the live games for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Buffering is continuing into the late games. Connection is not an issue. I had games working on three separate devices (eventually) earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

couldnt get on redzone on it at all last night. Some of the games were working fine, but redzone wouldnt work at all. Shambolic service. And even simple things like the skip forward button on desktop platform still isnt there.

In terms of the content, at least it seems things are being uploaded and there quickly, but I'd imagine 90% of the reason people have gamepass is for the live content and the rest of it is a bonus more than anything. If you cant provide the live service, then you are at nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

bruschi wrote: »
    couldnt get on redzone on it at all last night. Some of the games were working fine, but redzone wouldnt work at all. Shambolic service. And even simple things like the skip forward button on desktop platform still isnt there.

In terms of the content, at least it seems things are being uploaded and there quickly, but I'd imagine 90% of the reason people have gamepass is for the live content and the rest of it is a bonus more than anything. If you cant provide the live service, then you are at nothing.

You can skip forward on desktop (web) version of gamepass if you disable flash in the web browser. In Chrome, go to Settings->Advanced->Content Settings->Flash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Nice one for that, should make rewinding back to watch a play again a little less stressful!

• Advertisement

Luck100 wrote: »
    You can skip forward on desktop (web) version of gamepass if you disable flash in the web browser. In Chrome, go to Settings->Advanced->Content Settings->Flash.

previously you had a rewind and a fast forward button for the controls. now there is only a rewind button. You can still skip forward in games but only by dragging the timeline and guessing where the ads or whatever end.

Tried the above, and see that you can skip forward and back with the arrow controls on the keyboard so that does help alright. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Unfortunately the Giants game was watchable after the first quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I hope today's recourse is satisfactory. Anything less than a pro-rata refund is unacceptable tbh. Knocking down the renewal price for 2018 would be welcome also...

I'm guessing some NFL bigwigs have had stern words...

https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/status/917148753445998593/photo/1

"Earlier today, Game Pass Europe experienced a severe outage due to a technical issue. We apologize to the NFL fans who have been impacted. We have not delivered to our customers the expected standard of service for Game Pass. We will be amending our refund policy and will be announcing next steps in compensating our NFL fans by 5:00pm UK time (12 noon ET) on Tuesday, October 10th."

Something mentioned in the responses I was unaware of was that they'd switched their policy to only allow you to disable auto-renew between July 1st and august 1st (likely a long, arduous process designed to hold most people up for as close to August 1st as possible).

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

When I log in on the tablet/ phone, it tells me to subscribe as if I haven't paid anything. I can log in on one laptop. I started a conversation with them on Paypal asking for a refund and they told me I had violated the terms of their service (with no suggestions of which term exactly). They're a scam at this stage. I've now made a full claim through Paypal. Hopefully I can get my money back.

• Advertisement

so, in a not so surprising development, they miss their own deadline for issuing a statement. how hard could it be to write a statement that they promise 2 hours in advance? Its an utterly shambolic set up

Scammers.

It's a 20% refund. Not good enough IMO.

5 out of 17 regular season weeks, should be 25-30%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

yeah just got the email, hopefully they get their **** sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

It is our goal to deliver to the NFL and its fans an outstanding experience with Game Pass Europe. Fans have experienced difficulties with the service and we apologise for that.

Whether you have experienced problems or not we will be giving you a 20% discount on the original subscription price you paid. This is our way of saying thank you for being part of the Game Pass team and will apply whether you signed up for Season Pro or Essential. We will begin processing your refund immediately and plan for you to receive it within 30 days. For further details please click here.

We appreciate all of your fantastic support and will continue to make improvements and add enhancements throughout the year as part of our commitment to deliver this amazing game to NFL fans in Europe.

Sincerely,

NFL Game Pass Europe
    I haven't had any problems since week 2 so I'll gladly take that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

That's a lot more than I expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

20 % ? Jesus that's a big enough refund. I didn't watch any football on Sunday(for a different reason then it being a mess) but I hear it wasn't at all good.

20% is reasonable.... although I would have been happier with 25-33% given they've had issues every week so far and we're through 5/16 gameweeks.

But my issues with it are more based on:

- Why is the product so garbage?
    - What are they doing to improve it?
    - Are they guaranteeing a perfect service from here on out?
    - What happens if it goes down next week? 5% refund per week from here on out?
    - Why are they making it seem like they are doing us a favour by providing a refund?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The technology exists so these Twitter press releases with excuses are tiresome. MLB have had a brilliant streaming service for years. They win awards and deserve it while the NFL crooks get fined for fake reviews

I’ll take my 20%, more than I was expecting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

gerryfed wrote: »
    20% is reasonable.... although I would have been happier with 25-33% given they've had issues every week so far and we're through 5/16 gameweeks.

- Why are they making it seem like they are doing us a favour by providing a refund?

I'm possibly giving them too much credit but, in their defence, I actually think we may end up with a better service than we had previously. They do seem to be making improvements constantly and taking on board feedback.

I watched the 40 minute cut of SNF earlier and it was actually 40 minutes making it much easier on the eye than the 27 minute cuts we were getting earlier in the year. I watched MNF this afternoon and the ads were gone even though it means that they can't display all the in-game stats that they were very proud of. They've finally resolved the spoiler issue, the PS4 app is on its way and being able to download non-game content is an awesome features we've never had before.

All that is left is the streaming of live matches which obviously was unacceptably bad at the weekend. If they can get over that issue then I really think we might be set.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    gerryfed wrote: »

I'm possibly giving them too much credit but, in their defence, I actually think we may end up with a better service than we had previously. They do seem to be making improvements constantly and taking on board feedback.

I watched the 40 minute cut of SNF earlier and it was actually 40 minutes making it much easier on the eye than the 27 minute cuts we were getting earlier in the year. I watched MNF this afternoon and the ads were gone even though it means that they can't display all the in-game stats that they were very proud of. They've finally resolved the spoiler issue, the PS4 app is on its way and being able to download non-game content is an awesome features we've never had before.

All that is left is the streaming of live matches which obviously was unacceptably bad at the weekend. If they can get over that issue then I really think we might be set.

We might be set. But it's still not even at the level as what it was previously. With all the feedback and reactions to try change, surely the minimum is to match the previous effort. They aren't even close to achieving that right now.

bruschi wrote: »
    We might be set. But it's still not even at the level as what it was previously. With all the feedback and reactions to try change, surely the minimum is to match the previous effort. They aren't even close to achieving that right now.

Yeah exactly... it's taken 5 weeks, thousands of complaints and a 20% refund... and we'll hopefully have the service we had last year haha.

If they were doing something radically new and improved, I could understand some teething problems. But most fans just want what we already had and paid for

mikemac2 wrote: »
    The technology exists so these Twitter press releases with excuses are tiresome. MLB have had a brilliant streaming service for years. They win awards and deserve it while the NFL crooks get fined for fake reviews

I’ll take my 20%, more than I was expecting

Forget MLB, the NFL had a 100% perfect streaming service less than 12 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Beefy78 wrote: »

:D:D

While I don't like the new user interface, there are some better options on the new service and, being an Android user, I couldn't download games previously.

TBH, I'm always going to subscribe to Gamepass. I don't have Sky Sports, so it's the cheapest option. And I couldn't cancel GP cos I couldn't face a whole season with only Redzone and no proper games / playoffs etc.

I've had a few problems thus far, but having Redzone on Sky sports Mix has helped alleviate them. I'll happily take the 20% discount.

Plus, not having games blacked out is one useful feature of the sub standard service! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭human 19

No, was going to buy gamepass for the first time but not with blackouts, will use streams
    Nothing was happening for me with firefox at the w/e but switched to chrome and no problems. . The "broadcast" version on later viewing was earlier a pain in the ass not being edited for breaks, but it's actually better now watching live without that black screen we were used to during the breaks . Looking at Giants vs Chargers now, they have started editeding the games as used to be done. Mute button juggling is the order of the day.
    Luckily I have pointed my satellite at 19.2E to pick up the free German coverage of 2 games every sunday so I can have their game on the TV and another on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Keeps logging out again tonight

• Advertisement

No issues for me tonight.

Advertisement