Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Patww79 wrote: »

Mine will still only work on one specific laptop. Really hope the Paypal charge-back comes through now that Rodgers is crocked!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Mine worked for what I needed. I did need to log in everytime I went to redzone or games or whatever, but in the scheme of things that was pretty minor

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I've just been DMed by Gamepass, following up on my very angry tweets over Week 5's performance. It looks like they have taken the recent kick up the arse seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

I've just been DMed by Gamepass, following up on my very angry tweets over Week 5's performance. It looks like they have taken the recent kick up the arse seriously.

What did they say? Really annoying having to log in repeatedly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Has anyone got their 20% yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Has anyone got their 20% yet?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Has anyone been able to successfully get a response to a support ticket from these clowns? They've taken partial payment from me, but then cancelled my account (twice) due to lack of auto renew payment (given I chose to pay in one lump sum I have no idea why this is relevant).

I've created four tickets (both on the US and Europe systems) and not a response to any of them. There doesn't seem to be a way to get in touch with them at all if you're in Europe.

Anyone able to assist or had any luck with this?

I've finally got a refund. I made a claim a few weeks ago via PayPal and PayPal have just found in my favour. GamePass stopped working on my phone and tablet (it asks me to subscribe) but works only on one particular laptop.

The support tickets were useless - generic responses that didn't address the issue. Then they just ignored me. When I made a claim on PayPal, GamePass responded after a week simply stating that I had violated their terms of service (with no specifics). When I escalated the claim, they failed to respond within the 10 days and I've been given the refund.

I wouldn't put it past them for the laptop to continue working and/or that I get the 20% discount to boot. I won't feel bad either way because they've cost me so much time trying to get something very simple sorted.

Has anyone been able to successfully get a response to a support ticket from these clowns? They've taken partial payment from me, but then cancelled my account (twice) due to lack of auto renew payment (given I chose to pay in one lump sum I have no idea why this is relevant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"When I made a claim on PayPal, GamePass responded after a week simply stating that I had violated their terms of service (with no specifics). "

I'll be honest, if I were you I'd be giving some thought into looking for more than just a refund for that. I'm usually not a fan of that kind of action, but these guys are 100% proven scumbags at this point and deserve to have every tactic possible used against them. They do not deseve to be in business on any level.

Good to hear you finally got the refund, though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    It's happening again.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

GB-NO is working perfect for me, but it's extremely spotty getting any other games open on the split screens. Un-f***ing-believable.

Oh no wait, entirely believable and entirely predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

fisgon wrote: »
    It's happening again.......

same here, for the jets game:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Initially I couldn't get into Redzone, but I have just got in now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I've finally got a refund. I made a claim a few weeks ago via PayPal and PayPal have just found in my favour. GamePass stopped working on my phone and tablet (it asks me to subscribe) but works only on one particular laptop.

The support tickets were useless - generic responses that didn't address the issue. Then they just ignored me. When I made a claim on PayPal, GamePass responded after a week simply stating that I had violated their terms of service (with no specifics). When I escalated the claim, they failed to respond within the 10 days and I've been given the refund.

I wouldn't put it past them for the laptop to continue working and/or that I get the 20% discount to boot. I won't feel bad either way because they've cost me so much time trying to get something very simple sorted.

I've initiated the chargeback process with my bank, Ulster Bank, so we'll see what comes of it.

They do seem to be absolutely useless when it comes to sorting peoples issues though. Pity because when it was working, it was very good as a service.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

My game keeps pixellating such bull ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

My game keeps pixellating such bull ****.

Exact same all evening. Scandalously bad product

• Advertisement

20 seconds full HD, 20 seconds pixel hell, 20 seconds full HD, 20 seconds pixel hell... etc. etc.

Thankfully I haven't been insulted yet by not receiving only a 20% refund, I'll be pursuing full refund of my £140.00 from these cowboys

Uh oh Deltatre now upgraded tonight's serving of crap back to the Video Playback Failed error message of death

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ohmeha wrote: »
    20 seconds full HD, 20 seconds pixel hell, 20 seconds full HD, 20 seconds pixel hell... etc. etc.

Thankfully I haven't been insulted yet by not receiving only a 20% refund, I'll be pursuing full refund of my £140.00 from these cowboys

Absolute jerks, nothing but trouble from day one

Patww79 wrote: »
    How do you do the PayPal claim? Can't see anywhere on the app to do it.

You need to be on a PC, I think. When I made the claim, I filled out the form and it kept giving me an error message (make sure you copy the main message in case this happens to you). I started imagining that GamePass had done a deal with PayPal to stop people making a claim. I had to contact PayPal directly and ask them to create the claim manually. Once they initiated it, I was able to add in all the details.

Seriously, everyone should be doing this. It's the only way the NFL will take it seriously. It's still working perfectly on the one laptop so they aren't even competent enough to shut down the little bit of my account that actually worked. $180 back. Definitely worth the effort to get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Stream cutting out every few minutes on android app. Xbox app working perfect though

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

For the first time this season I managed to download a late game to my phone to watch on the dart to work.... Usually it's not up or it's too slow to download before I leave the apt. Was delighted...... Until it wouldn't play as it's not available in my region. Just a truly awful excuse for a product.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ohmeha wrote: »

Same for me this morning trying to watch a game BACK!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

had no issues myself thankfully. Watched redzone on the phone for a couple of hours and finished watching redzone on a different source. And this morning the Patriots full game without ads was up before 8am so was good for that too.

no refund received yet though.

Advertisement