Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 487 ✭✭Chorus_suck

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Red zone wouldn't work on Xbox app tonight, been watching it on tablet instead. Maybe just as well as the delay on Xbox is about 2 minutes I'd say so get a lot of spoilers on Twitter etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

I've given up on casting from laptop to TV. Quality is too varied and glitchy. Never as good as when I use from app on phone, but then it's a pain to switch games.

As much as they may have all of the problems ironed out next year, Id rather watch redzone on sky and get a free stream of a game.

I also hate the feeling of getting ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

coco0981 wrote: »
    Red zone wouldn't work on Xbox app tonight, been watching it on tablet instead. Maybe just as well as the delay on Xbox is about 2 minutes I'd say so get a lot of spoilers on Twitter etc
    No redzone on Xbox for me either.
    Just had a quick look and the NFL gamepass Europe Twitter is inundated with complaints once again. Passing the buck and they seem to be putting the blame on microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Have heard all of the above feedback off mates also, Xbox in particular seems to be terrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Weird, I thought Xbox was always consistently best for quality? I used it for the first time last night and apart from the pain in the arse finding the app and typing in passwords etc. it worked perfectly in HD or close to it with no switching rates or anything. Better than chromecasting and probably better than chrome browser imo.

hots wrote: »
    Weird, I thought Xbox was always consistently best for quality? I used it for the first time last night and apart from the pain in the arse finding the app and typing in passwords etc. it worked perfectly in HD or close to it with no switching rates or anything. Better than chromecasting and probably better than chrome browser imo.
    It is....
    Just to clarify, no redzone was the only problem the Xbox app was having last night. Everything else (For me anyway) was working perfectly as usual. In fact this and one Sunday it kept signing out for about 2 hours, are the only problems I've had with it. The odd time I use the android app I never have problems either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

No Game in 40 up at 7.50am. I don't like that.

It's there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Just after looking and the discount/refund never arrived

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

I've been a GP subscriber for about 5 years. After week 7 just had enough. And the 20% wasn't nearly enough. If you email & contact them everyday until they get back to you, then keep emailing, they'll refund in full & cancel your account. Just checked my account and the 20% came through, followed by the rest of the refund.

It's tough going not having it but it wasn't working properly, but I can live with RedZone for this year...the Niners games aren't exactly quality at the moment!!

tripperman wrote: »
    Just after looking and the discount/refund never arrived
    I paid via PayPal and my discount was dated received on 27th October.

Once again, no GI40 uploaded at 7.50. That makes it a waste of money for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    They were doing quite well on that front for the last while but that’s twice now this week there’s been an unacceptable delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

To be fair it was up before 8am on Monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    How's everyone finding the time delay? Do you find it has improved over last year?

I switched over to Redzone on Sky Sports Mix (waiting for the poxy tennis to finish) while I had GP RZ on my phone, and it was almost perfectly in sync.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Was texting a mate who was using Sky Mix Redzone who was about one play ahead of me the other night, but another friend of ours in Vancouver was about one play behind me.

We all had Jags -7.5 so it caused a fair bit of confusion when they had the fumble return for a TD to get us in the money, have it overruled for no good reason (isn't the play supposed to be let run out, then reviewed after instead of just whistled dead for down by contact?), then a few minutes later get another one with five minutes later with 1:15 to go! :p

Otherwise it's been working fine for me the last few weeks since the big mess up, I use it on the computer with four games together - if I tab away for more than 2-3 mins and come back it's quite badly pixelated at first but that might actually be quite smartly designed to save my (and Gamepass's!) bandwidth since it's the only time it happens and it gets right back to speed within 10-15 seconds of returning to the Gamepass tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

When I just went on to game pass to watch nfl network a notification box came up saying that the blackout games for sunday were X and Y which I had to click off.

Don't tell me they've got the blackouts sorted. I won't be able to watch the Eagles game in full now if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Got a message for the first time saying 2 games will be blacked out. Hopefully it won't be too hard to overcome .

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I've received nothing yet from the Deltatre Gamepass Cowboys to indicate blackouts are happening - you should think they're aren't THAT STUPID to hit Gamepass subscribers after the nonsense so far since August with any blackouts whatsoever

The condensed version of the redskins vs Giants was up before 7:30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    The condensed version of the redskins vs Giants was up before 7:30.

I wish it wasn’t though. Awful game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Fairly frustrating that you can't watch or download games if you are abroad. In Costa Rica currently and getting that games aren't available in my country. Six hour wait for a plane here with free wifi. I'm normally based in paddyland.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

franglan wrote: »
    Fairly frustrating that you can't watch or download games if you are abroad. In Costa Rica currently and getting that games aren't available in my country. Six hour wait for a plane here with free wifi. I'm normally based in paddyland.

Bring us back a few cloves of garlic....

I have to say that I watched the eagles vs bears game on Sunday on gamepass and used chromecast to watch it on tv and I have to say it worked absolutely perfect. I was delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Anyone having an issue? Mine is saying all videos temporarily unavailable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,242 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Off topic I know but it seems like Red Zone is missing from the NFL mobile app.

Anyone else notice or is it just me.

Advertisement