Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Texans Titans game keeps stopping. Have to go back 30 seconds and then go live to catch up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

CardinalJ wrote: »
    Texans Titans game keeps stopping. Have to go back 30 seconds and then go live to catch up.

Been watching the Jags game and have had no issues, had some last week though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    It's telling me that Gamepass is not available in my region. It also thinks I am in Dublin, which I am not. Havent been able to get in at all yet today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

11pm, still no Redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Sorry this question is probably already on the thread but are the playoffs blacked out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Sorry this question is probably already on the thread but are the playoffs blacked out?

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I got in for the playoffs last year... if memory serves it was only about €20 for week 17 through to July (so up to the the Superbowl/Pro Bowl, plus draft and free agency coverage). Really good value at that rate. Just checked there and it's still €60, but may be worth checking over Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Billy86 wrote: »
    I got in for the playoffs last year... if memory serves it was only about €20 for week 17 through to July (so up to the the Superbowl/Pro Bowl, plus draft and free agency coverage). Really good value at that rate. Just checked there and it's still €60, but may be worth checking over Christmas.

Thanks. I looked at it yesterday and I wouldn't pay €60 for Week 15 thro to the playoffs because I have Red Zone on Mix but I would definitely pay €20 for the playoffs, pro bowl and the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Are they enforcing the blackouts now?

• Advertisement

Luck100 wrote: »

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Luck100

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    No.

:):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Luck100 wrote: »
    It hasn't been enforced all year yet NFL Gamepass Europe Twitter still mentions which games are blacked out every week yet no games are actually blacked out on the night. Maybe it's UK only for some reason.

https://twitter.com/NFLGamePassEU/status/941004860912291840

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

It hasn't been enforced all year yet NFL Gamepass Europe Twitter still mentions which games are blacked out every week yet no games are actually blacked out on the night. Maybe it's UK only for some reason.

Was only talking about this last night, its either they just let it slide or that they are that BAD that they either forget to do it or dont know how

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I am in the UK, but both those games were blacked out for me on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

ScummyMan wrote: »

Must be a brexit thing... 👀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

ScummyMan wrote: »
    I've seen on Twitter alright that they're actually blacked out for a lot of others (UK subscribers?)
    I dare not mentioned it incase they dont know we can still view the live games and "fix" it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

It's taken me 16 weeks but I see they start the coverage of the Sunday games in advance of kick offs so we can watch the Fox or CBS pre game show (whichever one is covering the game in question). And here was me watching the awful NFL Network one for the past 15 weeks. I know Fox have Colin Cowherd on theirs so that's to be avoided at all costs but the CBS one seems ok.

It's taken me 16 weeks but I see they start the coverage of the Sunday games in advance of kick offs so we can watch the Fox or CBS pre game show (whichever one is covering the game in question). And here was me watching the awful NFL Network one for the past 15 weeks. I know Fox have Colin Cowherd on theirs so that's to be avoided at all costs but the CBS one seems ok.
    Colin cowheard isn't on the fox pre game show jack. Yeah I happened to find that out be accident, but at least none of the fox and cbs crowd are suspended for questionable behaviour.

• Advertisement

Colin cowheard isn't on the fox pre game show jack. Yeah I happened to find that out be accident, but at least none of the fox and cbs crowd are suspended for questionable behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Oh is he not? That’s good to know. I don’t know where I saw him give his ‘expert’ opinion then.

Oh is he not? That’s good to know. I don’t know where I saw him give his ‘expert’ opinion then.
    He has a show on fox I think but not on the fox pregame show.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Excellent Christmas present from GamePass. The NFL subscription which I cancelled (and for which I got a full refund from PayPal) is back working again on all devices. Nice to see their incompetence from the first 10 weeks extends into not being able to cancel my subscription. Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

Anyone know why commercials arent showing tonight? They showed them all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Anyone know why commercials arent showing tonight? They showed them all season.

That haven't shown them for the NBC games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

Anyone having trouble casting the vikings game via android app?

I have to say fair play to the gamepass crowd. I've never seen the combine archived before but there it is all four days and press conferences to watch. I'm hopeful for the draft now. I may not be able to watch the first round live this year so the promise of it being archived would be very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This is only my first year with the gamepass but I have to say I've been delighted with it. It's amazing value. I know there have been plenty of people who have been let down by the service this year, but compared to the coverage of any other sport this side of the Atlantic, there's really no comparison. More than happy to re-subscribe for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

This is only my first year with the gamepass but I have to say I've been delighted with it. It's amazing value. I know there have been plenty of people who have been let down by the service this year, but compared to the coverage of any other sport this side of the Atlantic, there's really no comparison. More than happy to re-subscribe for next season.

Isn't great that even when there's no game's there's still so much to watch be it a football life or America's game etc, great way to pass the time till we get game's again

Advertisement