Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Billy86 wrote: »
    Some of us who had gamepass last season had to watch large chunks of games on dodgy streams because gamepass wasn't working. It got so bad that they had to give a April refund to every subscriber.

I'll be unsubscribing as soon as available for numerous reasons.

Had one or two times it kicked me out but on the whole, my service was great. The old app was far superior

Even with the glitch I will be subscribing again

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I must have been one of the few people that had little to no problems. Had no issues casting from my phone or laptop and no issues streaming all year. Still very much plan to renew for the coming year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    The big thing for me is having the night games (condensed versions) available to download by 7am so I can watch on my commute and too often last season, especially early on, this wasn't the case. They did sort it out eventually but I'm not going to be happy if the same issues arise this season too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

The big thing for me is having the night games (condensed versions) available to download by 7am so I can watch on my commute and too often last season, especially early on, this wasn't the case. They did sort it out eventually but I'm not going to be happy if the same issues arise this season too.

Yah i could understand that alright. You'd think they will have it sorted, but new year, new teething problems....

I wish you could force the bit rate the games are played through , casting and all aside i like to hook my laptop up via hdmi and used to be ideal to max it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Didn't get it last year as I didn't trust a new provider. Given the chaos many experienced, I'll be giving it a miss this year as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Brian017

RedZone split screen with live games is coming this season

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Have many people here gotten Emails saying the price for next season and the features that are new then ? I've got nothing about it at all.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Have many people here gotten Emails saying the price for next season and the features that are new then ? I've got nothing about it at all.

This is the e-mail
    New Features. New Content.

This offseason we conducted our largest ever NFL Game Pass fan survey across Europe. We asked for your input and heard your feedback. In order to provide a premium NFL experience at your fingertips, we’ve focused on the top recommendations. Here are some of the improvements to Game Pass Pro we’re most excited about.

Better Performance

We know fans never want to miss a moment of the action. We are committed to ensuring that the Game Pass site and apps are stable and running smoothly. In the offseason, we prioritised the performance of NFL Game Pass to always ensure you’re at the centre of the action.

Pay With Instalments

We’ve heard fans tell us paying one payment at the start of the season isn’t always possible. This season, with NFL Game Pass Pro, fans can now pay with 4 affordable monthly payments. While you can still renew your subscription in full, the choice is now yours.

Introducing Watch With RedZone

A new in-game experience for NFL Game Pass Pro subscribers: ‘watch with RedZone’. This means on one device, you can watch a live game alongside NFL RedZone with improved split screen functionality. This is exclusive to NFL Game Pass Pro subscribers in Europe and an exciting enhancement in 2018.

Exclusive Content

While we continue to add great NFL content all offseason, we have something special coming soon: NFL Game Pass Film Sessions. This 5-part series is an inside look at how the NFL’s best prepare each and every week. The full-length episodes, exclusive to NFL Game Pass, will be available starting 3rd August across Europe. New episodes will be released every Friday throughout August.

A More Personalised Product

This season, enable your favourite team to feature more prominently on your homepage by tagging them on the site. This way, their highlights are first in your feed with more team customisation still to come. In addition, ensure you’re watching NFL Game Pass on the device that suits you best. As a reminder, you can access NFL Game Pass on up to 5 devices at the same time. In 2018, this will also include the relaunched apps on PS4 and Xbox, along with mobile, tablet, desktop and more.

What do you need to do?

Nothing! All we ask is that you keep enjoying NFL Game Pass and get ready for the upcoming season. However, if you prefer not to return for the 2018 season, you will be able to do so. We will be sending further information via email detailing the steps to amend or cancel your auto-renewal preferences on 1st July, 2018.

If you have any further questions, please visit our FAQs here.

Let’s get ready for some football!

NFL Game Pass Europe Team

Didn't get that Email.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Didn't get that Email.

Check your thrash.

• Advertisement

Check your thrash.

I checked them and nothing from Gamepass.

I checked them and nothing from Gamepass.

Ok thought it might be that.

I’m signing up anyway, best season ever for Packers.

All the changes make the season interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »

No, but iit has to be a most exciting season for Packers followers.

Huge changes and that’s not a thing that happens often in Titletown.

Could bomb, it definitely will be worth watching.

Anyone know what the instalments are? Or how many? Just gives you an option to en/disable them

Brian017 wrote: »
    Anyone know what the instalments are? Or how many? Just gives you an option to en/disable them

On the payments page, it says full price is $179.99 and by instalments it's 4 x $45 so no penalty for paying in instalments it seems.

I have a question though about the price. My renewal email says "We are pleased to share that the 2018 full season price for Game Pass Pro will remain unchanged based on the 2017 full season listed price." The key phrase there being '2017 full listed price". Can anyone tell me what the full listed price was? I paid $134.99 but that was a carryover from the previous year so I'm just wondering how much more they're going to charge me this season.

EDIT - or if you're in euros, €159.00 or 4 x €40

On the payments page, it says full price is $179.99 and by instalments it's 4 x $45 so no penalty for paying in instalments it seems.

I have a question though about the price. My renewal email says "We are pleased to share that the 2018 full season price for Game Pass Pro will remain unchanged based on the 2017 full season listed price." The key phrase there being '2017 full listed price". Can anyone tell me what the full listed price was? I paid $134.99 but that was a carryover from the previous year so I'm just wondering how much more they're going to charge me this season.

States €159.99 in the e-mail I got. I don't know how much that is in $

Patww79 wrote: »

Yeah, the option to cancel auto-renew is available now in the account section.

Here's a response I just received from them.

"Thanks for contacting NFL Game Pass Europe.

You will be receiving an email within the next hour or so which will explain, but the reduced fee of $139.99 paid last season was because you were on a Follow Your Team legacy discounted plan, which has now come to an end.

For the coming season the renewal price for the Pro plan in Ireland will be the 2017 fee of $179.99."

Was the full price last season really $179.99?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

I got email saying I'd be billed at region full price from last year of $199

Id been paying Brazilian Real last couple of years and think I only paid 130ish last year.

Yeah, the option to cancel auto-renew is available now in the account section.

Just cancelled mine now. I paid $134.99 last season but being charged $179.99 or €159.99 this season. Too much of a jump, especially considering the problems last season. The lack of loyalty to existing customers is what's annoying me the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Such a nerve them calling this a price freeze when in reality most people are being charged more because they were on legacy pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Just checked my pricing email from last year. £105.99 vs £139.99 this year. I've no issue paying that price but I do have an issue with them positioning it as a price freeze. Snotty tweet sent.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Just checked my pricing email from last year. £105.99 vs £139.99 this year. I've no issue paying that price but I do have an issue with them positioning it as a price freeze. Snotty tweet sent.

That’s my issue too. I’d say a large percentage of subscribers are repeat subscribers on some sort of legacy contract so more people than not are being asked to pay more this year. Yet they pass it off as a price freeze. Chancers!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 In The Conversation

My auto renew email says it will auto renew at €179. If i go to the website, it shows annual cost is €159. Anyone know the reason for the disparity?

My auto renew email says it will auto renew at €179. If i go to the website, it shows annual cost is €159. Anyone know the reason for the disparity?

Are you sure it’s not $179.99? That’s what mine was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I'm happy enough to go with the 4 installments of €40 to be honest. At least that way I don't fell like I'm giving out a wedge from the get go. This may be my best/only option next season to watch games also.

Advertisement