Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Has anyone ever had trouble with downloads? Trying to download a few videos and they just say queued. It goes between suspended or queued when I click on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Are you sure it’s not $179.99? That’s what mine was.

I got that too.

Agreed that it's a bit cheeky advertising the price freeze... in fairness we were all on legacy plans that they didn't need to honour, would rather they hadn't tried to show off how 'sound' they were being though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I changed my payments to instalments, not because I couldn't pay in one go but because like one poster said, it might make me less thick if the whole thing blows up again. I don't have access to sky sports this year or for most of last year so if I want to continue following the nfl which I do then this is the option I have.

Let's hope it's good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

gerire wrote: »
    I got email saying I'd be billed at region full price from last year of $199

Id been paying Brazilian Real last couple of years and think I only paid 130ish last year.

So I can just cancel and pay $179 like everyone else or auto renew $199
    This was after paying 134ish last year. But it's a price freeze

https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/223784548-NFL-Films-Content

DEVICE AVAILABILITY: NFL Films and NFL Network content is currently only available on desktop.

Is this really the case? Has anyone been able to download and watch any NFL Films or NFL Network on their phones? I'm pretty sure I did before but now it is saying "sorry you don't have the credentials to watch this" or it won't allow me download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Auto renewal time. I'm still being billed in Brazilian Real $ so my subscription will work out as approximately €134.

There's also 20% off at NFLShop.com for all 2018 subscriptions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Jofspring wrote: »
    https://digitalcare.nfl.com/hc/en-us/articles/223784548-NFL-Films-Content

DEVICE AVAILABILITY: NFL Films and NFL Network content is currently only available on desktop.

Is this really the case? Has anyone been able to download and watch any NFL Films or NFL Network on their phones? I'm pretty sure I did before but now it is saying "sorry you don't have the credentials to watch this" or it won't allow me download it.

I logged out and in again after i got that error and works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I tried to cancel my auto-subscription but it just says there is an error every time. It's linked to my Paypal so it will be interesting to see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

infacteh wrote: »
    Auto renewal time. I'm still being billed in Brazilian Real $ so my subscription will work out as approximately €134.

There's also 20% off at NFLShop.com for all 2018 subscriptions

As in 20% off merch at nflshop.com?
    Also, i am set to renew, cant remember how much i paid ... where do you find out?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I was a previous brazilian customer but not sure where I bought it from 2 years ago. Last year then was the renewal at a cheaper rate, but this year was working out much more expensive than to unsubscribe and purchase as a new customer, so I've cancelled auto renew. I think I'll be holding out for a while as I havent made much use of gamepass in the off season. The major advantage to gamepass is 30 minute games morning after and particularly for catching up on late night games. Might be a case of looking at the Patriots schedule and see what games I'd miss on late nights as I'd see all normal kick off time ones live.

• Advertisement

BKWDR wrote: »
    I logged out and in again after i got that error and works fine

I got through to the customer care and they said their was an error. They sorted it and it's working ok now.

Last few times I tried to play good morning football it has said I don't have the credentials though. Very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I've turned off my auto-renewal after the Deltatre crap of 17/18

Will keep an eye on discounts and improval of service when the season kicks-off if I decide to re-subscribe

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Keep thinking about getting it and just wondering does it still block out the ads during tv breaks when your watching live!

Just wondering from the point of view my wife could be asleep on the couch.... watching the game.... silence.... and boom were back.... wife jumps outta the couch!! haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Keep thinking about getting it and just wondering does it still block out the ads during tv breaks when your watching live!

Just wondering from the point of view my wife could be asleep on the couch.... watching the game.... silence.... and boom were back.... wife jumps outta the couch!! haha!!

I think it had the annoying lift music during the ads last year? There was some talk of adding the ads back in because people preferred it to silence, I bet they couldn't believe their luck when customers were actually asking for more ads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    BKWDR wrote: »
    As in 20% off merch at nflshop.com?
    Also, i am set to renew, cant remember how much i paid ... where do you find out?

Yeah, 20% off merch.

I got an email telling me about the auto renewal price, and the forthcoming discount.

i know its so stupid asking for ads - but its just the awkward lift music or silence!
    And i kinda like the american ads to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

And i kinda like the american ads to be honest

A few lines promoting their new wonder drug and the new minute explaining the horrible side effects and death that may follow :pac:

much worse than the initial symptoms that you are looking to remedy :) haha

mikemac2 wrote: »
    A few lines promoting their new wonder drug and the new minute explaining the horrible side effects and death that may follow :pac:

Ah the American ads for a drug are gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

mikemac2 wrote: »

Dilly dilly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

I turned on my auto renewal again. I've absolutely zero interest in the NFL at the moment but I'll presume I will once the 53's are set and week one rolls around. Plus I really need rid of Sky Sports as it is going downhill quicker than a skier.

Patww79 wrote: »
    I turned on my auto renewal again. I've absolutely zero interest in the NFL at the moment but I'll presume I will once the 53's are set and week one rolls around. Plus I really need rid of Sky Sports as it is going downhill quicker than a skier.

Yeah sky sports and sky in general is as you say going downhill and the price isn't following down. And my parents tried to downsize the packages they have and Christ that's some mess.

The installments are over the next four months instead of all in one go this week. I mean any other service I have is monthly so I'm happy to have it monthly now.

In terms of the issues last year, I'm looking at like a rookie QB who has to adapt quickly and there were some issues there. If this year goes the same then I won't be getting next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Guffy wrote: »
    Dilly dilly.

You can go die in a f***ing fire. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

That F1 channel is just a waste. Qualifying and live race for 21 weekends, with non-stop repeats. Golf channel is overkill.
    I see where they have lost La Liga coverage now as well. Chinese Super League and MLS to make up for it.
    They also lost the ATP for tennis coverage.
    The football coverage of the PL is being totally drawn out to cover the fact that they need to fill airtime.
    If the likes of Amazon make a major bid on the next rights package (than what they got this time), it could be the end of Sky Sports.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

That F1 channel is just a waste. Qualifying and live race for 21 weekends, with non-stop repeats. Golf channel is overkill.
    I see where they have lost La Liga coverage now as well. Chinese Super League and MLS to make up for it.
    They also lost the ATP for tennis coverage.
    The football coverage of the PL is being totally drawn out to cover the fact that they need to fill airtime.
    If the likes of Amazon make a major bid on the next rights package (than what they got this time), it could be the end of Sky Sports.

Ironically enough the F1 is one of the only things they've left that I'd want to watch but I can't get it even with a full subscription because I'm a Virgin customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I'm a Virgin customer.

Jaysus. Seems cruel to punish you for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Enabled auto-renew & instalments in the middle of July -> August 1st renewal date -> 'You have no active subscription'

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    Enabled auto-renew & instalments in the middle of July -> August 1st renewal date -> 'You have no active subscription'

Same, just logged in and it's asking me to subscribe.

It still says in my profile that auto-renew is active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I've turned off my auto-renewal after the Deltatre crap of 17/18

Will keep an eye on discounts and improval of service when the season kicks-off if I decide to re-subscribe
    I still have access to Gamepass today, watching it away no bother...

Auto-renewal definitely off and states access until Aug 1st, 2018

Deltatre owe it to me to give back some positive incompetence :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I still have access to Gamepass today, watching it away no bother...

Auto-renewal definitely off and states access until Aug 1st, 2018

Deltatre owe it to me to give back some positive incompetence :)

I got last year's subscription back from them via a PayPal claim. However, despite them cancelling my account, it still worked all year on my laptop (but not via the app).

I had tried repeatedly to cancel my autosubscription but it keeps saying error. I logged in today and it also still plays despite not taking money out of my PayPal. I might be getting ahead of myself but I now presume I have free NFL for life.

Advertisement