Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm just checking but I know the blacked out games from last year weren't actually blacked out last year here in Ireland. They are saying they will be blacked out this season but is there any evidence it will be ?

So the HOF game was up before 7:30am this morning and where the coaches film is normally(I know they don't get them in pre season) is highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I got last year's subscription back from them via a PayPal claim. However, despite them cancelling my account, it still worked all year on my laptop (but not via the app).

I had tried repeatedly to cancel my autosubscription but it keeps saying error. I logged in today and it also still plays despite not taking money out of my PayPal. I might be getting ahead of myself but I now presume I have free NFL for life.
    No access now for me on both laptop and apps, only got 1 extra day by the looks of it

I never lost access but it said "on or about August 1st the money will be debited from your account" no I know that statement gives them a bit of leeway but I just checked my online banking and it's still not been taken out. I mean I'm not complaining but it's a bit strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I never lost access but it said "on or about August 1st the money will be debited from your account" no I know that statement gives them a bit of leeway but I just checked my online banking and it's still not been taken out. I mean I'm not complaining but it's a bit strange.

Same happened last year I think.
    In my available funds I think it's gone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Mines gone out this morning and access is marked until August 19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I updated my bank details before the auto-renewal to my Revolut account to make the most of the fact I was paying in Brazilian $$, but they took the cash out from my old account yesterday.

Then today they tried to take it out of my Revolut account too!

On the plus side, they've a new section called the Top Plays, 8 minutes long from the HOF game, could definitely be a useful new feature!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

Anyone come across any codes?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

infacteh wrote: »
    I updated my bank details before the auto-renewal to my Revolut account to make the most of the fact I was paying in Brazilian $$, but they took the cash out from my old account yesterday.

Then today they tried to take it out of my Revolut account too!

On the plus side, they've a new section called the Top Plays, 8 minutes long from the HOF game, could definitely be a useful new feature!

You told us that already, mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Keep thinking about getting it and just wondering does it still block out the ads during tv breaks when your watching live!

Just wondering from the point of view my wife could be asleep on the couch.... watching the game.... silence.... and boom were back.... wife jumps outta the couch!! haha!!

They show the ads in everything other than SNF and MNF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

gerire wrote: »
    I got email saying I'd be billed at region full price from last year of $199

Id been paying Brazilian Real last couple of years and think I only paid 130ish last year.

Exactly the same for me aswell although last season I was using the worldwide app and would be getting it again this season as thr majority of season I'll be outside Europe.
    I wonder is there a difference in pricing between the 2 apps?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Anyone know when first episode of Hard Knocks will be up on gamepass?

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone know when first episode of Hard Knocks will be up on gamepass?
    It was normally 24 hours after it aired on HBO in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Thought it would be up by now :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Delays according to Twitter
    Not a good omen!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

I have been logged out of the app and now it appears that I don’t have a subscription despite paying my first installment!!

Anyone else have this difficulty? It was working fine earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Vudgie wrote: »
    I have been logged out of the app and now it appears that I don’t have a subscription despite paying my first installment!!

Anyone else have this difficulty? It was working fine earlier.

I paid fully last year and suddenly it said I wasn't subscribed on the App. Strangely, it still worked on Chrome on my laptop. I emailed repeatedly but their replies were generic and unhelpful. Thankfully I paid by PayPal so I made a claim and got my money back. It still continued to work on my laptop for the season.

I'll always pay by PayPal now because it gives a bit of protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Yes I got a very generic response about intermittent downtime etc but not dealing with my query. Going to get on to pay pal tomorrow

Mine so far has been okay. I mean it could be an utter mess in two hours when several games start. I've not had to log back in since I got the email that I had resubscribed.

Just went through the games starting at midnight and the picture quality is much better than last year already. Now it might go to hell but it's a bloody good start. All the games loaded straight away in very good quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I see they've ditched releasing the smart tv app for the start of the season, works good on my Amazon Fire TV but would be handier to use smart tv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

No "Game in 40"s uploaded for any of last nights games yet. Not a good start.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Stop giving inaccurate info. All the game in 40s for the midnight games where up by seven am. Some were up earlier than that and all bar the 3am games are up now. The 3am games were still going on at 5:45am this morning(I watched some of it) so let's be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Stop giving inaccurate info. All the game in 40s for the midnight games where up by seven am. Some were up earlier than that and all bar the 3am games are up now. The 3am games were still going on at 5:45am this morning(I watched some of it) so let's be fair

Oh, I didn't realise all games didn't start at midnight, that's my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

Pats game was a 1230 kick off and wasn't there when I was leaving the house just after 7. Only one I noticed was the giants game. The 4 mins highlights is a nice option for the games I'd have less interest in. Will see myself making use of that.

Had planned on cancelling this year but just couldn't do it 😂😂

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ScummyMan wrote: »

You sure? Cause I downloaded 3 games in 40 this morning at 7.30am.

Love the game in 40 makes the games so watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭franglan

Trying to watch the browns game from last night - getting the following message:

This content is not available with your creditenals....

Any clues?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

franglan wrote: »
    Trying to watch the browns game from last night - getting the following message:

This content is not available with your creditenals....

Any clues?

Logout and back in. Happened me and a few other people but it seems to be sorted so try that I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Any sign of codes or discounts yet? Cheapest country to go on holiday to?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Raoul wrote: »
    Any sign of codes or discounts yet? Cheapest country to go on holiday to?
    Get your samba boots as off to Brazil again! I am in New Zealand right now but for 1 day a year I always seem to end up in Brazil coincidentally it always seem to be day I order gamepass.
    For myself it costs $200 USD for gamepass for the full package so around 175 euro.
    Last year when I was in Rio it cost me 574 Riels or around 110 euro at that point if I remember. 
    This year it's 579 almost the same although the exchange rate is not as good so around 130 euro...This is using worldwide app which is what I will be using as December is likely earliest time I return to Europe if that.
    I don't know if it's the same through the Europe app but worth having a look anyway.

Advertisement