Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hey all

what are the options for watching via game pass

App?

Can you watch on a Smart TV

through Xbox or pS?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Riskymove wrote: »
    Hey all

what are the options for watching via game pass

App?

Can you watch on a Smart TV

through Xbox or pS?

thanks

You can cast from the app on your phone. There's an app for the Xbox too which I'll probably use now. Last year I used Chrome on a Shield TV as casting was too unreliable and they don't have an Android TV app.

Not sure about PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I use the Xbox. Don't think there is a ps4 one but meant to be in the works. Android works well too. Compatible with chromecast. Win 10 has an app it website works just as well. Don't know of a smart tv app. Not on my lg anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Buttros wrote: »
    I use the Xbox. Don't think there is a ps4 one but meant to be in the works. Android works well too. Compatible with chromecast. Win 10 has an app it website works just as well. Don't know of a smart tv app. Not on my lg anyway.

Android app and in-browser is great, any idea if there's an app for Android TV actually? Does it work by simply chucking in an Android App?

Thanks

I've taken the plunge for this year to try it anyway!

• Advertisement

hots wrote: »
    Android app and in-browser is great, any idea if there's an app for Android TV actually? Does it work by simply chucking in an Android App?

I must give it a try later and see does it work. Some don't port over to the big screen well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

NFL app is region locked on Xbox one now, and this nfl gamepass Europe app sits on a blank screen and goes no further in 20 minutes, hope they fix this before regular season

tripperman wrote: »
    NFL app is region locked on Xbox one now, and this nfl gamepass Europe app sits on a blank screen and goes no further in 20 minutes, hope they fix this before regular season

Maybe it needs an update or something as I was using it only yesterday to watch that Browns thing on my XBox. Even though it worked, the app has terrible playback controls.

Patww79 wrote: »
    Maybe it needs an update or something as I was using it only yesterday to watch that Browns thing on my XBox. Even though it worked, the app has terrible playback controls.

Uninstalled it and reinstalled it and still not working,

No NFL app even appears on 360 marketplace!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Riskymove wrote: »
    No NFL app even appears on 360 marketplace!!

NFL app is no longer supported on the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

cooker3 wrote: »
    Get your samba boots as off to Brazil again! I am in New Zealand right now but for 1 day a year I always seem to end up in Brazil coincidentally it always seem to be day I order gamepass.
    For myself it costs $200 USD for gamepass for the full package so around 175 euro.
    Last year when I was in Rio it cost me 574 Riels or around 110 euro at that point if I remember. 
    This year it's 579 almost the same although the exchange rate is not as good so around 130 euro...This is using worldwide app which is what I will be using as December is likely earliest time I return to Europe if that.
    I don't know if it's the same through the Europe app but worth having a look anyway.

Yeah that is what I am worried about. Ending up with the international version and it not working in Europe or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Can anyone who has bought Madden 19 for PS4 tell us if there is a 15% discount with it like last year for Madden 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

See they've come off of twitter now. NFLUK seems to be handling communication with customers directly.

I'm assuming that Henry Hodgson is coming over to the UK in a couple of weeks when the Around The NFL guys are here in the build up to week one and am planning on taking this while farce up with him directly.

Buttros wrote: »

PS4 app was finally launched a couple of months ago and seems to work fine. Will need to see how it copes with live games though.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The PS4 app tends to cut out a lot when you skip on a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I downloaded two games today for my commute - the Eagles and Redskins games. Both to the Android app. Neither work (play for a couple of minutes then get error messages). FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Raoul wrote: »
    Any sign of codes or discounts yet? Cheapest country to go on holiday to?
    Get your samba boots as off to Brazil again! I am in New Zealand right now but for 1 day a year I always seem to end up in Brazil coincidentally it always seem to be day I order gamepass.
    For myself it costs $200 USD for gamepass for the full package so around 175 euro.
    Last year when I was in Rio it cost me 574 Riels or around 110 euro at that point if I remember. 
    This year it's 579 almost the same although the exchange rate is not as good so around 130 euro...This is using worldwide app which is what I will be using as December is likely earliest time I return to Europe if that.
    I don't know if it's the same through the Europe app but worth having a look anyway.
    Update on this.
    I have a better country to V...isit and that is India (ironically I will likely be in India for some parts of this season so it kinda works)
    You can get it $124.99 which is as I type just under [font=arial, sans-serif]€[/font]110 euro. My subscription was [font=arial, sans-serif]€[/font]109.89 for fwiw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Yeah that is what I am worried about. Ending up with the international version and it not working in Europe or something.
    Yeah I get that. I would just vpn in Europe app and see what pops up price wise.
    I haven't been at home during the time of the Europe specific app but if I was home and I had a choice of full price Europe app and VPNing international version I would definitely opt for the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I downloaded two games today for my commute - the Eagles and Redskins games. Both to the Android app. Neither work (play for a couple of minutes then get error messages). FFS.

I was getting that last week too, would at for a few minutes then kept getting error messages that it wasn't available in my region

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Just got my 20% discount code on email today for NFLShop.com, I had forgotten all about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    infacteh wrote: »
    Just got my 20% discount code on email today for NFLShop.com, I had forgotten all about it.

And then 5 hours later, they cancelled my account. :mad:

I had paid by auto-renewal, and then they attempted to double bill me. I contacted them about it, and thought it was sorted but obviously not. And they haven't returned my auto-renewal subs either!!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Forgot to cancel the **** and got a surprise bill at the start of August guess I have it for another year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Haven't received my discount code yet

Jofspring wrote: »
    Haven't received my discount code yet

Where are you expecting a discount from?

Where are you expecting a discount from?

The NFL Shop I'd imagine. There's supposed to be a discount with a Game Pass subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya the discount for NFL shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Is anyone having issue with the Xbox app?
    After I log in it just goes black.

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Is anyone having issue with the Xbox app?
    After I log in it just goes black.

Yeah same for me been uninstalling and then reinstalling it to no affect,

How do you get it? I think I unsubscribed from their email list a long time ago.

• Advertisement

I got an email with a discount code from gamepass, but it's for espn player 25% off

Advertisement