Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Raoul wrote: »
    How do you get it? I think I unsubscribed from their email list a long time ago.

Not sure,most people seem to have got it when they renewed. I had auto renewed so assumed I would get an e-mail on or after August 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭tripperman

Jofspring wrote: »
    Not sure,most people seem to have got it when they renewed. I had auto renewed so assumed I would get an e-mail on or after August 1st.

You also have to get the weekly newsletter email to get it from what I understand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I got the discount code, but it seems I signed up to Gamepass for the rest of the world, not Gamepass Europe, from the time we all signed up in Brazilian Real. Maybe it was an offer from them, and not Gamepass Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

tripperman wrote: »
    I got an email with a discount code from gamepass, but it's for espn player 25% off

Will you be using that mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

There was an update for gamepass just there where they have a new video player. It looks much better in quality and just look. Those blue bands top and bottom are gone. The look of the player looks more professional to me anyway. Also Kay Adams I'm only a simple man. She was put in this earth to test us.

• Advertisement

gstack166 wrote: »
    Will you be using that mate?

Not sure yet mate

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

I've got a code for 15% off Gamepass that I got with Madden if anyone wants it.

First to respond in here gets it.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Paladonia wrote: »
    I've got a code for 15% off Gamepass that I got with Madden if anyone wants it.

First to respond in here gets it.

Yes, Please!

Yes, Please!

Sent you a PM.

Paladonia wrote: »
    Sent you a PM.

Thank you very, very much. It worked a treat. Great way to start a Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Is that with the physical copy of madden? I’m going to get it soon but will go physical if there’s a Gamepass discount.

Is that with the physical copy of madden? I’m going to get it soon but will go physical if there’s a Gamepass discount.

Yeah, there's an insert with a code in the physical copy. I can't imagine you would get it with the digital download.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I presume Argos is cheapest place to buy? Yeah i didn’t think so although I think I got some download codes before from a digital game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

To be honest if you're on PC (or I think XBox?) the best option is probably to go for EA Premier Access - Madden, plus FIFA (a few days early), plus the new Battlefield game when it comes out, plus Anthem, plus an absolute rake of games a lot of which are top, top quality, for €100.

The only catch is that it's a yearly subscription, but Madden, FIFA and such are annual games too so it works out well worth it. After a year they move those games to the 'vault' (list of games above) so your franchise mode save or whatever won't just disappear, and they've got Madden and FIFA games on there all the way back to 2015 so they should stay there for years.

Long story short, it's the upside of all this microtransaction nonsense that some like EA have been pushing so hard on lately. It's pretty scummy practice because it largely preys on kids (and the 'lootbox' stuff is basically getting children hooked on gambling) but if you're not bothered with that kind of stuff you're getting in on maybe the best computer gaming deal there has ever been.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Can anyone who got Gamepass with Paypal last year and got a refund let me know how long the refund took from claim to money back?

Revolut took 3 rounds of them requesting a chargeback and while I got it, it took an age.

I opened a dispute, they had 2 weeks to reply. Blatantly lied in their reply. PayPal sided with me and refunded the whole amount.

I used PayPal this year again as their protection worked really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

Great, thanks. Will do the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Billy86 wrote: »
    To be honest if you're on PC (or I think XBox?) the best option is probably to go for EA Premier Access - Madden, plus FIFA (a few days early), plus the new Battlefield game when it comes out, plus Anthem, plus an absolute rake of games a lot of which are top, top quality, for €100.

The only catch is that it's a yearly subscription, but Madden, FIFA and such are annual games too so it works out well worth it. After a year they move those games to the 'vault' (list of games above) so your franchise mode save or whatever won't just disappear, and they've got Madden and FIFA games on there all the way back to 2015 so they should stay there for years.

Long story short, it's the upside of all this microtransaction nonsense that some like EA have been pushing so hard on lately. It's pretty scummy practice because it largely preys on kids (and the 'lootbox' stuff is basically getting children hooked on gambling) but if you're not bothered with that kind of stuff you're getting in on maybe the best computer gaming deal there has ever been.

Not for xbox yet.

Not sure yet mate

If you don’t can I use it? Missed out of couple already, always seem to find one most years.

gstack166 wrote: »
    If you don’t can I use it? Missed out of couple already, always seem to find one most years.

I'll pm the code to you tonight mate

• Advertisement

I'll pm the code to you tonight mate

An absolute gentleman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Raoul

Anymore going, I would be delighted to get one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Megager

If there are any spare codes after everyone else above sorted will ye keep me in mind. Thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

On my 6th attempt to watch episode 4 of Hard Knocks. Kept dropping Chromecast connection the first couple of times so third time I just tried to watch it on the tablet. Keeps going back to the start and then when you get seek forward the sound is where you had lost it but the picture isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Is anybody else having difficulty viewing the game on GP? It won't play for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭Jofspring

D9Male wrote: »
    Is anybody else having difficulty viewing the game on GP? It won't play for me.

I just watched the highlights this morning and they worked fine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jofspring wrote: »
    I just watched the highlights this morning and they worked fine.

Same. I was able to download the game in 40 broadcast at 7.30 this morning. Perfect for the morning commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Buttros

I had to restart the app. Got an error first. Game in 40 wasn't there for me at 700... 8 min highlights were so watched that on the way in. Nice new addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

Worked fine for me, the game in 40 was there when I went to look at it at 7:20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

I tried on another machine, seems like my work laptop has a problem streaming video.

Advertisement