Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Patww79 wrote: »
    They had advertised red zone being added to the split screen options, unless they decided after to bin it altogether.

I haven't even tried it again after earlier as the TV could very well end up on the lawn. The pub is showing the 49ers game so I'll do that instead as red zone is puke.

What's weird is last season you could have four games on at the same time... or three games and red zone. Makes me wonder why they'd even

Kind of agree on Redzone, I loved it at first but then the novelty wore off. I mean it's a good service for what it is, but you don't get any feel for the game at all and that has gotten worse since they decided to cram all the games into the 6pm slot and only leave about 3-4 for the 9pm kickoffs (and yet RZ somehow still manages to basically completely ignore at least one of those late games every week! :p).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Gamepass working like a dream for me so far today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Billy86 wrote: »
    What's weird is last season you could have four games on at the same time... or three games and red zone. Makes me wonder why they'd even

Kind of agree on Redzone, I loved it at first but then the novelty wore off. I mean it's a good service for what it is, but you don't get any feel for the game at all and that has gotten worse since they decided to cram all the games into the 6pm slot and only leave about 3-4 for the 9pm kickoffs (and yet RZ somehow still manages to basically completely ignore at least one of those late games every week! :p).

RedZone is for the new generation who know every player, can regurgitate stats from memory, lives for fantasy football, but doesn't actually like watching the sport. All highlight reel.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    tripperman wrote: »
    Still not working for me on Xbox. It's loads up grand then when I sign in the screen goes black. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 12 times now.

Mine is working on Xbox now, uninstall it from Xbox, then reset xbox and install it and it should work, worked for me and seen it recommended to other's on Twitter that's how I found out to do that,

Done that 5 times now :(

I've actually just restarted it. I'm resetting it now.

tripperman wrote: »
    Still not working for me on Xbox. It's loads up grand then when I sign in the screen goes black. I've uninstalled and reinstalled about 12 times now.

Mine is working on Xbox now, uninstall it from Xbox, then reset xbox and install it and it should work, worked for me and seen it recommended to other's on Twitter that's how I found out to do that,

Done that 5 times now :(

• Advertisement

Didn't work

High quality product.

tc8cFsS.png

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Buttros

High quality product.

tc8cFsS.png

I got the same this morning on my phone. Restarted the app and all was fine. Downloaded the game in 40 for the packers bears at 645

Jesus, imgur makes everything so massive and you can't gauge it from the touch site.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jesus, imgur makes everything so massive and you can't gauge it from the touch site.

I was able to download the game in 40 this morning at 7.30am no issue, perfect Monday morning commute viewing, great game too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

High quality product.

tc8cFsS.png

Had to uninstall and reinstall the app to fix that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Watched Redzone & the prematch stuff for about 5 hours last night, only issue was with nfl Network stuttering, pressing pause for a few seconds then resuming fixed that. Watched the packers game in 40 at ~7:30 this morning without any issues. Using Chrome browser then the android app.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

So I guess this year they are enforcing the blackouts. I've been trying to download or watch the Cowboys - Panthers game but I always get the blackout message. Anybody knows of any workaround? Tried with VPN from Spain but no luck.

Shuukaido wrote: »
    So I guess this year they are enforcing the blackouts. I've been trying to download or watch the Cowboys - Panthers game but I always get the blackout message. Anybody knows of any workaround? Tried with VPN from Spain but no luck.

Hmm strange, I have it up on the phone now... where are you watching from? I'm just on my normal home wifi and it's working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

hots wrote: »
    Hmm strange, I have it up on the phone now... where are you watching from? I'm just on my normal home wifi and it's working fine

Yeah it wasn't enforced for me yesterday or today. I wont complain.

Thanks for checking.

So far I've tried in my home wifi here in Dublin (Virgin Media), using Vodafone 4G, and the wifi at my work. I'm always receiving:

"The video is currently blacked out in UK and Ireland"

When trying to watch or download Cowboys - Panthers. Worth mentioning I haven't tried directly from the web, just using the Android Gamepass NFL app. I didn't have any issues for the Packers - Bears and Broncos - Seahawks games.

I just tried from web now:

AiN3wMz.png

I just tried from web now:

AiN3wMz.png

I'll be honest I've no answer for that. It wasn't blacked out for me and isn't now.

Is it to do with where you "were" when you signed up maybe? I was in Brazil or something for my first sign-up

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭myate

Sky games both blacked out for me also. NFL Network worked fine yesterday...main issue is when I go to Cast it. Only works for a short time before getting an error...as long as you dont cast, it's fine.

• Advertisement

Is it to do with where you "were" when you signed up maybe? I was in Brazil or something for my first sign-up

I got an auto-renewal from last year (where no blackout was enforced in my account).

myate wrote: »
    Sky games both blacked out for me also. NFL Network worked fine yesterday...main issue is when I go to Cast it. Only works for a short time before getting an error...as long as you dont cast, it's fine.

If you don't cast it, is the Cowboys game working for you?

Saw a couple of tweets about this as well, even from a German lad.

I got an auto-renewal from last year (where no blackout was enforced in my account).

I'm Vrign Media for internet, maybe is something with how they're handling things?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    I'm VM, and I've no blackout for those games. I logged on pregame yesterday, and checked for the blackout, and there was none.

infacteh wrote: »
    I'm VM, and I've no blackout for those games. I logged on pregame yesterday, and checked for the blackout, and there was none.

I'm with Vodafone and no blackout and there was no breakup of the picture that happened last season which to me was the biggest issue I had.

I used my phone and used my chrome cast and just left my phone alone and not an issue bar a very brief second but other than that it was perfect.

How was your experience infacteh ?

Yeah, no hassle with the GP. I cast the Patriots game to the TV via Google Chrome on the PC, no hassle at all.

Only problem I had was I was trying to watch Redzone on the tablet at the same time, as I thought this was one of their new features. But it turns out that is only done on a desktop, and it is a PIP of Redzone in the corner. So I kept getting logged out until I realised the issue.

So I logged into the Virgin Media app, and watched Redzone on Sky Sports Mix instead.

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, no hassle with the GP. I cast the Patriots game to the TV via Google Chrome on the PC, no hassle at all.

Only problem I had was I was trying to watch Redzone on the tablet at the same time, as I thought this was one of their new features. But it turns out that is only done on a desktop, and it is a PIP of Redzone in the corner. So I kept getting logged out until I realised the issue.

So I logged into the Virgin Media app, and watched Redzone on Sky Sports Mix instead.

Turns out that shouldn't have happened!
    NFL Game Pass now supports the use of up to 5 devices at any one time on the same WiFi/IP address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Again with the confusion over this advertised 'watch RedZone and a game together' sh*te... you could do that last year, only with RZ and 3 games, or just 4 games.

How is it that nobody seems to be questioning the NFL advertising a downgrading of their service as a good thing?

The Cowboys game still not accessible for me across many devices :( last year everything was perfect!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    The Cowboys game still not accessible for me across many devices :( last year everything was perfect!

They're probably doing you a favour.

Advertisement