Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lionbacker

infacteh wrote: »
    Got logged on through the link above, but Redzone keeps resetting to the start of the show. Must have happened about 10 times since about 6:30. Very annoying. Email sent :mad::mad:

This happened to me too, but literally only took seconds to fix, so didn't bother me all that much.
    Apart from that Gamepass worked perfectly for me last night, which going from the comments here, seemed to be the exception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I haven't had any problems during week 1 & 2 when you *may* expect any issues so for this Deltatre techincal issue crap to start again in week 3 is bizarre
    Kind of, but not really - they showed their scummy hand last year, and probably just downgraded the service for week 3 having got away with it for the first two weeks. They've already taken away services compared to last year like the ability to watch 4 games at once (or 3+RZ) and tried to advertise that as a selling point, so it wouldn't be at all out of step for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭DM1292

Just a heads up, I'm sure it's been posted before but there's a free option on Gamepass which gives you access to NFL Network. Handy for Good Morning Football and Gameday on Sunday afternoon's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭CardinalJ

No game in 40 yet. 6.15

Plus the highlights from the NFL on YouTube at 13 mins, on Game pass are 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

It was up at 7am which I think is reasonable considering the game finished at 5am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Yeah, I started watching it at 7.15 and it was up with no problems. I think they're showing a little bit too much - it could do with being condensed further. What a game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

CardinalJ wrote: »
    No game in 40 yet. 6.15

Plus the highlights from the NFL on YouTube at 13 mins, on Game pass are 7.

I think thats the idea though, they said they're aiming for 8 minute highlight reels.
    I was able to watch the game in 40 a little before 7 this morning, and as another poster pointed out thats a pretty decent turn around for a game that was only finishing up around 5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm seriously considering giving up Sky Sports next week, largely because of the poor value of their remaining soccer coverage. But NFL is the other thing I'd be giving up. Will Gamepass miss many playoff games, and is it generally reliable?

It's mostly Sunday night coverage and Seahawks highlights I watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

The two regular season Sunday evening games at 6pm & 9.25pm that Sky Sports show are the only games blacked out on Gamepass for a period of 24 hours. All other games including Thursday/Sunday/Monday Night football and all Postseason games are not subject to black out and are live on Gamepass

Regarding reliability, the product is not reliable, lots of problems last season and problems came back last Sunday. It's decent when it works

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Thanks. I might do the free trial for a week and decide after next Sunday's offering

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

so, after the 4th week of gamepass not working for me, they actually tell me the android box I am using (and used for all of last season) is not supported and wont actually work the gamepass app. Some shower of jokers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Wanted to catch pats fins and app telling me it's the blackout game

Phone went to Germany and logged back in and still black out. Anyone any suggestions... pm if necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

BKWDR wrote: »
    Wanted to catch pats fins and app telling me it's the blackout game

Phone went to Germany and logged back in and still black out. Anyone any suggestions... pm if necessary

Unfortunately it seems to be hit and miss. I've only ever bought the subscription in Ireland and never messed with my phone or tablet and since this crowd took over I've never had a game blacked out. I don't know why it's like that but it is. I mean bar it not letting me watch the start of the bucs game it's been perfect picture wise using chrome cast to my tv in my room. Yesterday I'd to get up to press any button on my tv and it was about to turn off from me not having to go near it. That didn't happen last season.

It doesn't seem as widespread bad as last season by going on the posts here. I wonder would it be helpful if those of us who have gamepass should post what we use to watch as maybe there is a common issue for it not working for some ?

I use an iPad running iOS10(I can't update it past this)
    I use chrome cast and I leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

I have gamepass with four weeks and I must say it has worked quite well,quality of live games has been poor at times but my internet speed isnt the fastest so I put it down to that.Nfl network always loads for me.The one thing that bugs me is not being able to download games using mobile data .

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Got my Seahawks v Raiders tickets the other day! Included was a business card promoting GamePass...

Says you can save 15% with code NFLGPELG15 until November 7th.

Not sure if only one person can use it etc, but it's free to whoever wants it. I already paid full whack a few weeks ago :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭VillaMad

GamePass is 50% off starting today for an annual subscription. €79.99.

My last payment was taken out this evening so don't have to think about it until next August. I've had one issue and that was missing the start of the Eagles and Bucs game due to an issue. The picture quality has been excellent for me and none of the picture issues like last season. The only think I've to do is stop the TV going into standby which is a good complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I've watched via the PS4 app this year and it's been excellent.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Have to say its been excellent for me. Have had no issues at all this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    https://nflgamepass.tell-us-what-you-think.com/s3/in-season-survey

Let em have it boys :D

• Advertisement

infacteh wrote: »

I was all ready to have a go but honestly I'm lucky and it's been near flawless. I mean over on the nfluk forums you'd swear that the product is still ****. I mean I'll say if something isn't working but you have to be fair to them this year it's been good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

It has been on point for me this season too. Yesterday afternoon I had a problem looking for the highlights of a few Sunday games, and it occurred to me it was the first problem I have had all season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭davetherave

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    I've only had one issue this year when they cut the stream to the Packers/Vikings game in overtime in week 2. Have had no issues since then touch wood, either watching a game live, watching gamepass or downloading/watching a game in 40 the next morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

My biggest against would be the NFL itself and the number of live games outside the traditional Sunday times.

Now I’m well aware that it’s a US game and there is a time difference, but when the late game on Sunday, the Monday night game, the Thursday game by and large start at 0130Z it’s not really feasible to watch live.

Now if your team has a good percentage of those game timings if colors your decision.

I probably will renew,but the above scenario is a definite ‘against’ factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭Guffy

My biggest against would be the NFL itself and the number of live games outside the traditional Sunday times.

Now I’m well aware that it’s a US game and there is a time difference, but when the late game on Sunday, the Monday night game, the Thursday game by and large start at 0130Z it’s not really feasible to watch live.

Now if your team has a good percentage of those game timings if colors your decision.

I probably will renew,but the above scenario is a definite ‘against’ factor.

Would that not make it a plus as you can watch it back at a more convenient time?

Guffy wrote: »
    Would that not make it a plus as you can watch it back at a more convenient time?

No Guff, it’s the live game is the big draw.

Sky show the replays next day, sorry, highlights, but once I know the result then the ‘good’ goes out of it for me.

And I’m not going ‘ underground’ to avoid having the results.

Hope that makes sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    No Guff, it’s the live game is the big draw.

Sky show the replays next day, sorry, highlights, but once I know the result then the ‘good’ goes out of it for me.

And I’m not going ‘ underground’ to avoid having the results.

Hope that makes sense.

But you can watch on gamepass first thing in the morning, highlights, game in 40 or full game with ads removed. That is the big draw of game pass for me.

adrian522 wrote: »
    But you can watch on gamepass first thing in the morning, highlights, game in 40 or full game with ads removed. That is the big draw of game pass for me.

Agree, Adrian, good point there but for me it’s the live stuff which makes it worthwhile, watching the game first thing in the morning, for me is not the same and sitting down at 1800 or 2130 of a Sunday night, nicely toasted, watching a Packers game.

That said I probably will subscribe again next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,052 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You can watch the game highlights for free on Facebook. NFL have a game recaps page which has every game up within an hour of a game finishing so if you end up mainly watching the highlights of games then it's hard enough to justify the cost of gamepass when it's there for free.

If you have sky you can watch redzone free on sky Sports mix as well as the free highlights. There is also the BBC show NFL weekly for free highlights.

The only reason now to pay for Gamepass is if you regularly watch the full games and the other shows like GMFB and the NFL Films.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yes, buying gamepass for the first time regardless
    Game in 40 is available for free anywhere. That for me is the best thing about it.

You can easily watch MNF before work on Tuesday morning without knowing the result and see every play.

Secondly the live games that are not on sky, or have one game on sky and a second game on your laptop at the same time.

I think Red Zone is nonsense to be honest unless in the late slot if there are only 3 games on, otherwise its too much chopping and changing.

Advertisement