Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

adrian522 wrote: »
    Game in 40 is available for free anywhere. That for me is the best thing about it.

You can easily watch MNF before work on Tuesday morning without knowing the result and see every play.

Secondly the live games that are not on sky, or have one game on sky and a second game on your laptop at the same time.

I think Red Zone is nonsense to be honest unless in the late slot if there are only 3 games on, otherwise its too much chopping and changing.

If it wasn't for Red Zone im not sure i would be able to watch it. I would have thought that was the primary sell for NFL fans.

Gamepass game in 40 and watching back commercial free games is the main one for me
    I do watch NFL network at times but being honest its more so in the off season or post December

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

tbh dont really watch redzone either.

Gamepass for the Titans game, then TV normally goes to something else tbh.
    When the Titans are playing I may watch the game on Sky, but tbh sunday evenings tend to be busy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    $50 (€45) sale on at the moment for Gamepass up until end July.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

First time using it this year after ditching Sky Sports and it's been pretty reliable. Being able to watch Seahawks games live (if at the right time) is such a great service compared to English soccer. If a game is running late I can watch the end on my phone in bed.The highlights are so useful too.

And Sky still cunningly have Redzone on Sky Sports Mix too which I can still watch on the big telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Paladonia

This might be a silly question but bear with me.

I understand the Sky games are blacked out on Gamepass. Does this affect Redzone at all?

• Advertisement

Paladonia wrote: »
    This might be a silly question but bear with me.

I understand the Sky games are blacked out on Gamepass. Does this affect Redzone at all?

Only the Sunday 6pm/9:25pm games are blacked out. Nothing else is, including Redzone and The Thursday, Sunday and Monday night matches.

To the best of my knowledge, none of the playoffs are blacked out either but I’m open to correction on that.

$50 (€45) sale on at the moment for Gamepass up until end July.

Was just a cyber Monday deal. Back up to $80 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This is my second year on the gamepass and there hasn't been 1 game blacked out for me yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Can't watch the Cowboys/Saints full game replay this evening because the gamepass clowns have the coaches film uploaded on the full game option!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

That issue with the full game replay is fixed.

• Advertisement

Can anyone remember what kind of price Gamepass is after the regular season ends?

My Sky sub ends on January 4 so will need Gamepass or a Now TV sub to see me through the playoffs.

I see Gamepass have a weekly deal of €18 but i have vague memories of there being a discount on the season pass being offered after the regular season last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Is redzone 'choppy' for anyone else?

Is redzone 'choppy' for anyone else?

No but the audio went off for a minute or two just there.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Can you get an audio only feed on GP.

Loved Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarron on Westwood one

Anyone.

Can you get an audio only feed on GP.

Loved Wayne Larrivee and Larry McCarron on Westwood one

Anyone.

Before you could but not since the new crowd took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,482 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

[QdUOTE=Itssoeasy;108840936]Before you could but not since the new crowd took over.[/QUOTE]

Bollox, yes I used to get the audio pass for about 30 bucks.

Thanks for putting me out of my misery:)

Never knew there were 2 Redzones

https://awfulannouncing.com/nfl/there-is-a-clear-favorite-in-the-battle-of-the-nfl-redzone-channels.html

Yeah one is the direct TV version with Andrew siciliano(sp?) and the NFL network one with Scott Hanson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    So, anyone else having difficulty getting into GP?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

infacteh wrote: »
    So, anyone else having difficulty getting into GP?

Flawless for me so far on Chromecast from my phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

No issues for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Wouldn't load on the web browser, but worked fine on the tablet after.

Game pass has changed from game pass Europe as it’s been since the new crowd took over to game pass international. The update says you can use your game pass subscription anywhere in the world bar the USA, Canada, and China.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Nice, curious to see what's new this year (mainly the price tbh). Think I'll sign up to the spread out payments too if they offer it.

I had Gamepass for a number of years but cancelled last year when the price jumped* but I’ve no Sky anymore so will probably have to jump back in.

* well when they didn’t carry on with the loyalty price

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I had Gamepass for a number of years but cancelled last year when the price jumped* but I’ve no Sky anymore so will probably have to jump back in.

* well when they didn’t carry on with the loyalty price

How much was it last year?

I can’t remember exactly but I was on a legacy deal of around €120 or something but they got rid of those and wanted me to pay the standard price which was €160 I think. Someone who subscribed will be able to confirm that he correct price but it was around that.

And the thing was they made a big deal about how they weren’t increasing the price, which technically they weren’t but the majority of customers were on legacy deals I’d say paying much lower than the €160 that we were being asked to pay then.

Last year it was 159.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Last year it was 159.

Was it good / reliable? I’m thinking of ditching sky sports because I hardly watch the soccer any more and would only be keeping it for NFL. Is Gamepass a better option?

Are the UK prime time game geo locked on Gamepass can anybody tell me?

• Advertisement

Was it good / reliable? I’m thinking of ditching sky sports because I hardly watch the soccer any more and would only be keeping it for NFL. Is Gamepass a better option?

Are the UK prime time game geo locked on Gamepass can anybody tell me?

Only the Sunday 6/9pm games being shown on Sky are blacked out. Every other game is available live including SNF, MNF and playoffs

Advertisement