Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Gamepass blackouts. Will you be signing up?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I will go ahead with the service but turned off auto renew on he hopes there is a different pricing structure for other countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Feck it I still think it's fairly good value. Have had it for the past 2 years and unlike most have had barely any issues (chrome cast from laptop). I don't have Sky so not really a big decision for me.
    If they were to actually black out the 9pm Sky games I would reconsider my subscription, but that hasn't happened as of yet.

Only issue I have is the highlights are a bit crap. They're also redundant seeing as YouTube have similar length highlights up very quickly.
    I wish they'd do a 20-25 minute highlight video, we have the 10 minute ones on YouTube and I'm not going to watch the game in 40 for every team so it'd be nice to have something in the middle.

Feck it I still think it's fairly good value. Have had it for the past 2 years and unlike most have had barely any issues (chrome cast from laptop). I don't have Sky so not really a big decision for me.
    If they were to actually black out the 9pm Sky games I would reconsider my subscription, but that hasn't happened as of yet.

Only issue I have is the highlights are a bit crap. They're also redundant seeing as YouTube have similar length highlights up very quickly.
    I wish they'd do a 20-25 minute highlight video, we have the 10 minute ones on YouTube and I'm not going to watch the game in 40 for every team so it'd be nice to have something in the middle.

Sometimes i will watch the game in 40 and just fast forward to half time (20 mins) and watch from that point. That's on teams i dont exactly follow or would just like to catch etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Was there an option last year to just buy Redzone + NFL Docs or am I misremembering?

I found myself last year mostly watching Redzone and just 1 or 2 live games a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

With recent IPTV developments I'll be looking for a new way to view possibly and not sure I can stomach going back to Sky.

Can someone give me the detail on the blackouts?Is it the 4 sky games every week? If so, that's a bit on the irritating side and do they have highlights available the following mornings?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use sky
    Only the 6pm/9:30pm games on Sunday are blacked out and some last year experienced no blackouts at all.

Cheers Jack

What about the playoffs? Are they all fully available on the Gamepass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    Yeah, all playoff games.

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, all playoff games.

Sound, so if only losing the game or two on the Sunday and have full playoff access. Its not a bad deal.

I've a firestick too - so might be decent quality on that.

mooreman09 wrote: »
    Sound, so if only losing the game or two on the Sunday and have full playoff access. Its not a bad deal.

I've a firestick too - so might be decent quality on that.

You probably know this already but just to be clear, you can watch the other games that are on at the same time as the blacked out ones. It’s just the specific games that Sky are showing that you can’t watch. And Redzone is available as well. So it’s not like you’ll have no live NFL to watch at 6/9 on a Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

If they doubled the price I'd have to bite my tongue and just go with it. The gap between the redzone experience and sky/streams is just too big and I really rely on it throughout the week in work.

Just need to hope the product keeps improving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

SameOleJay wrote: »
    If they doubled the price I'd have to bite my tongue and just go with it. The gap between the redzone experience and sky/streams is just too big and I really rely on it throughout the week in work.

Just need to hope the product keeps improving.

What’s the difference between Redzone on Gamepass and the Redzone that Sky show? Is there extra features?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

No, had gamepass before but not buying it with blackouts, wil use streams
    No, exactly the same. Except Redzone on Sky is slightly ahead of Gamepass, due to the internet streaming

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭akenno

Was there an option last year to just buy Redzone + NFL Docs or am I misremembering?

I found myself last year mostly watching Redzone and just 1 or 2 live games a week.

Yes there was an option to buy Redzone and NFL network live stream as a package. According to the FAQ on the gamepass site, it will be available at the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

akenno wrote: »
    Yes there was an option to buy Redzone and NFL network live stream as a package. According to the FAQ on the gamepass site, it will be available at the start of the season
    Thanks, just found that page.
    https://support.nflgamepass.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360025858893-Your-Essential-Plan-

I could only find a UK pricing for 2018 (£39.99)
    If that stays the same think I'll save and go with the Essential subscription.(Then possibly upgrade for playoffs.)

I don't get why you have to wait until the start of the season to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

For some unknown reason the iOS app is no longer supported because they’re “moving apps”. I don’t see the point in that if they’re making a new app for the season then just support the current one until the new one is available surely? It’s a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

For some unknown reason the iOS app is no longer supported because they’re “moving apps”. I don’t see the point in that if they’re making a new app for the season then just support the current one until the new one is available surely? It’s a pain.
    What ? It's still working for me. Where did you see or hear this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

What’s the difference between Redzone on Gamepass and the Redzone that Sky show? Is there extra features?

My mistake, I meant the Gamepass experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    What ? It's still working for me. Where did you see or hear this ?

On my phone earlier today. I clicked in to watch some stuff, got an error message and the app auto shut down.

Weirdly, it's fine on my iPad now. I've no idea - sorry to alarm anyone!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

MOD: Don't discuss things like this on this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I just got the email about this. I am delighted they merged the Europe and international app as that was a big problem for me as spent 3/4 of season out of Europe and 1/4 in and possibly be in same position this season as well.
    They said I am getting same price which would be great as happened to be in India when I ordered it last season..so we will see about that.

Ok so ive done a quick straw poll of my friends who live around the globe , some of the prices elsewhere in europe are higher, swiss friend is looking at 264e for the year.

A mate in Brazil is the cheapest so far and with currency conversaion it comes to 138.43e!

BKWDR wrote: »
    Ok so ive done a quick straw poll of my friends who live around the globe , some of the prices elsewhere in europe are higher, swiss friend is looking at 264e for the year.

A mate in Brazil is the cheapest so far and with currency conversaion it comes to 138.43e!

Ah good old Brazil. I have a few weekends away last few years in August. Beautiful country. I'd also recommend India as well even during monsoon season!

I am still amused they have such a price disparity between countries and yet they are still so lax about where people order. They must know what is happening.

BKWDR wrote: »

Do you need to switch on the VPN to Brazil every time you want to use the service or once you get your subscription, can you just watch as normal ?

Do you need to switch on the VPN to Brazil every time you want to use the service or once you get your subscription, can you just watch as normal ?

Well with the new combined app you don't need to do anything different other than at the time of purchase.
    Last season I had issues as I had international app so for few weeks when I was in Europe I would need to vpn to country outside Europe but this season just don't be in US or Canada and all good (well aside from potential sky blackouts)

And to answer my own suggestion from above price for those lucky Indian customers is €109.99 so Darjeeling here we come!

cooker3 wrote: »
    Well with the new combined app you don't need to do anything different other than at the time of purchase.
    Last season I had issues as I had international app so for few weeks when I was in Europe I would need to vpn to country outside Europe but this season just don't be in US or Canada and all good (well aside from potential sky blackouts)

And to answer my own suggestion from above price for those lucky Indian customers is €109.99 so Darjeeling here we come!

Thanks for that. Ended up getting it in Brazil (my vpn doesn't have an Indian setting unfortunately). Still €135 v €164 is a few quid in my pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,938 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Thanks for that. Ended up getting it in Brazil (my vpn doesn't have an Indian setting unfortunately). Still €135 v €164 is a few quid in my pocket.

So jack are you back in the nfl game pass game then ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So jack are you back in the nfl game pass game then ?

Yeah, I got rid of Sky Sports after the playoffs last season and don't miss not having it so I'm back with GamePass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

I’m in ‘India’ as we speak and it’s € 139.99 ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

I’m in ‘India’ as we speak and it’s € 139.99 ?
    Just fly into India myself and it's show as € 109.99.

Advertisement