Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Two days in the Mountjoy. Will I enjoy the experience?

• 04-07-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭

Two days. 48 hours. 2880 minutes. In the Mountjoy. My first time...

Will the food be edible?

Will the bunk bed be ok enough to get at least an hour of sleep?

Will my rectum get pulverized?

Will my teeth say 'hello' to the floor?

Will I meet the guy who f***ed his own mother on the eve of the Mother's Day, a story I heard the radio today?

So many questions are going through my head right now... I have just 13 days of freedom left.

Any tips on how to survive there, obviously it's going to be really hard for me as I'm a foreigner?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Any tips on how to survive there, obviously it's going to be really hard for me as I'm a foreigner?
    Just abide dude!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

You should watch Oz before you go, itll make you feel better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

You'll be out within the hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Please refer to the Glory hole thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

what did you do to get 2 days in prison ?

with the magical system we have :rolleyes: you will be released on good behaviour (automatic remission) within a few hours !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

What are you being locked up for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

2 things.

You have to go up to the biggest toughest guy and immediately knock him out. No questions, just do it, otherwise you are gonna be the bottom bitch.

The food will be edible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Wine bottle corks. You'll soon discover how useful they can be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Im sure the lads in there have seen plenty of people just in for a couple of days and then leave. Keep your head down and dont talk until spoken to.

P.S since you're a foreigner you may not know it but you will have to go to the toilet in a bucket. Dont go in hungover and eat lots of fibre ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

"Dead man walkin' on the Green Mile"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Have you seen Midnight Express?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

P.S since you're a foreigner you may not know it but you will have to go to the toilet in a bucket. Dont go in hungover and eat lots of fibre ;)

You're allowed out of your cell to use the loo.

And its very unlikely a prisoner sentenced to 48hrs will do more than an hour or so before being let out on T.R.

No biggie and no need for lube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

Two whole days? Take the Midnight Express.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Put a nail backwards up the rusty bullet hole ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Just play PS3 and smoke weed with everyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

Take a left turn and go west.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

Immediately go on hunger strike. They'll respect that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

watch midnight express

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You're allowed out of your cell to use the loo.

And its very unlikely a prisoner sentenced to 48hrs will do more than an hour or so before being let out on T.R.

No biggie and no need for lube.

You serious :eek:
    So being sentenced to 48 hours is just... well .... utter bullsh*t. As you'll only do an hour or two.

Yeah out in an hour, I wouldn't even sit down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Ye'l be grand get a little tv in your small one bed roomed cell and an xbox to pass away the hours till lunch time when you get free food, then you can play some pool in the rec room, or go outside and play catch the parcel.

He won't even make it to a cell. He will be told to sit on a bench and wait. An hour later they will tell him to gtfo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

if you're a pretty boy, be careful who you make friends with....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Haha 2 days suck it up and stop telling the internet about your ****.

What do you want people to say, "Oh yeah, you'll enjoy prison, of course"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

So being sentenced to 48 hours is just... well .... utter bullsh*t. As you'll only do an hour or two.

Yes B.A. you will only serve an hour for that crime ye did not commit.

Come in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭RHarrow

The prisons are overcrowded here so you'll most likely be brought in, sat in a cell for a short period and then released.

Just be nice to everyone you meet so they don't find a reason to keep you in and learn from the experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

You have to go up to the biggest toughest guy and immediately knock him out. No questions, just do it, otherwise you are gonna be the bottom bitch.

Unless you're big and tough looking... then everyone is going to try knock you out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

shower gel > soap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Immaculate Pasta

You'll love it, make some great friends, be richer for the experience and you won't want to leave :cool:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Like others have said, you'll be in there for a few hours at the max, they simply don't have the space to keep people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

You should get a prison tattoo and tell everyone about your time in the 'joy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i hear drugs are easier to get in prison apparantely ,anyway 2 days is not a long time to kick up **** or anything like that,so keep your head down dont cause any dramas dont get involved in prison gossip can be fatal - not exactly office politics :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yup, so you shoulda thought of that before you promptly escaped into the Los Angeles underground, working as a solider for hire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

krudler wrote: »
    yup, so you shoulda thought of that before you promptly escaped into the Los Angeles underground, working as a solider for hire.

Soldier of fortune;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

we should start a betting pool. i'll take less than one hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

PCPhoto wrote: »
    what did you do to get 2 days in prison ?

Answer still pending I see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

Bring in a party pack of E's, heroin and coke for the boys. You'll go down a storm and if you are lucky extent your stay by a few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

Thanks for the replies, very reassuring indeed. Maybe I will survive...

The Garda who visited me with an arrest warrant in his hand last night said that the whole thing will be conducted in a "very discreet manner" as long as I will show up in the local Garda Station when called in.

F**k 'em I say, I want the whole experience: a police vehicle with flashing lights in front of my house, handcuffs, maybe even a negotiator, neighbors watching me being dragged away, police sirens screaming trough the whole estate, crying kids... etc.

I cannot believe the state wastes its resources on a 'criminal' like me, especially in the current economical climate... I should've gone into estate developing business, I would enjoy a nice game of golf right now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I hear they only have basic cable so you might want to sky plus 2 days of TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The Garda who visited me with an arrest warrant in his hand last night said that the whole thing will be conducted in a "very discreet manner" as long as I will show up in the local Garda Station when called in.

F**k 'em I say, I want the whole experience: a police vehicle with flashing lights in front of my house, handcuffs, maybe even a negotiator, neighbors watching me being dragged away, police sirens screaming trough the whole estate, crying kids... etc.

I cannot believe the state wastes its resources on a 'criminal' like me, especially in the current economical climate... I should've gone into estate developing business, I would enjoy a nice game of golf right now...

Whatcha do?

if you're going down make a song and dance of it, like McLovin in Superbad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Answer still pending I see.

Two days? Very minor criminal damage, insulting/abusing a public servant in the course of their duties. He might well have told a bus inspector to fuck off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

lol

I'm dying to know what earned you 2 days in jail. Seriously, anything that warrants 2 days in prison probably isn't worth bothering with in the first place.

Yeah what you do??

Most people get suspended sentences so you must have done something really bad to get an actual sentence.

So spill the beans! (It's the TV license isn't it?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Come along now Bronson, tell us what ye did. Probably the slaggin will mostly be on the eejits for charging you......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I'd guess non payment of a fine.

So pay like €1,000 or 2 days in the joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

It'll be like this, bit more stabby perhaps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I suggest you get the plans of the place tatoo'd over your body, make friends with the nurse and... Well, you know the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Ha Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha i just copped it. He is generating publicity of his my space page...

Jasus.... I thought jordan was bad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement