Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone missing a kitten from Loigh Atalia, Galway?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

I've already posted this in the Galway City section but hoping mods will allow me to post this here also in case somebody is missing a kitten, this forum might be more appropriate.

This is quite amazing but my housemate was in Galway until late last night and he was parked at the lay-by on the Lough Atalia road on the water side. When he got back to his vehicle he thought he heard a cat meowing. He couldn't see any cat so he drove home to south county Mayo. When he got home, he again thought he heard a cat but we have cats at our house so he thought nothing of it.

He left to go on holidays abroad early this morning and parked his vehicle up at our house.

I got home from work an hour ago (knowing nothing of the above) and heard frantic meowing that appeared to be coming from his van. Eventually found my housemate's keys, opened the bonnet and found a tiny kitten sitting on the battery terrified. Needless to say it's going completely nuts.

I had no idea how far it had travelled (over 30 miles) until a few minutes ago.

At a guess I'd say it's about 4 weeks old, it has blue eyes, it looks like this. I'll get pictures of it later.

Chances are it's probably feral but if anyone is missing a little kitten, please get in touch.

I imagine this kitten needs its mother.

I gave it some cat food and it ate it very frantically so it can eat. Perhaps it's older than 4 weeks?

Any advice on what to do with it? I already have several cats and can't afford to take another on, I don't want to allow it near my own cats as it's likely not vaccinated, etc.

It is currently very wild, hissing and spitting, but that's probably because of the horrible journey it made late last night.

Would it be worth contacting the ISPCA in Galway or would they just put it down?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ah the poor kitten. you could try egar or galway cat rescue. if either can take the kitten I am travelling castlebar to galway Saturday afternoon and can transport if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭R0C

Thanks TillyGirl! I might take you up on that offer. I'll get in touch with those organisations today and see what they advise.

I'd hate to see the little thing get put down after surviving such an adventure.

*Thread title should say 'Lough' Atalia. Damn iPad!

Advertisement