Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Tablet - Nexus 7

Options
  • 04-07-2012 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭

I've heard that this tablet is getting good reviews.

Any ideas on when it will be available in Ireland and who will stock it?

Any thoughts on whether it's a good buy for the money or are there better options out there? Interested in picking up a 7 inch tablet in the coming months.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Came onto the forum just to see if anyone new this...

It's being shipped from July 15th (My bday sigh) and will be in retailers, PCWorld and Currys, from July 27th, however all from the UK.

It's 159£ for the 8gb so I say 199€ when it comes over here...

Trying to convince my friend in America at the moment to buy me one and I'll pay her back whenever I get a job...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

check the Android forum. There is a pretty extensive thread over there about this tablet and how people are ordering them.

people over there won't bite either......much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭droidman123

boobar wrote: »
    I've heard that this tablet is getting good reviews.

Any ideas on when it will be available in Ireland and who will stock it?

Any thoughts on whether it's a good buy for the money or are there better options out there? Interested in picking up a 7 inch tablet in the coming months.

the new google nexus 7 tablet, as far as i know will be available in currys, and pc world on 19th july, you can pre-order on their website. the price is 256 euro for the 16 gb version. i have read many reviews about this tablet and by all accounts it,s a great piece of kit. it,s going to run on jellybean( the latest version of android) which is an upgrade of ice cream sandwich os.one of the only downsides, if you can call it that, is that you cant add micro sd or flash, so you are stuck with the 16 gb,s, but that should be more than enough for an android. a very good review is available on www.techradar.com hope this info helps you in making your choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

hi guys, ive pre ordered my nexus 7 in HMV as i have store credit there i want to use up. They are very vague on when they might be getting it in... Could be next week, but probably later.. anyone any firm dates on when hmv might be getting stock in ireland? cheers ,mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

the new google nexus 7 tablet, as far as i know will be available in currys, and pc world on 19th july, you can pre-order on their website. the price is 256 euro for the 16 gb version. i have read many reviews about this tablet and by all accounts it,s a great piece of kit. it,s going to run on jellybean( the latest version of android) which is an upgrade of ice cream sandwich os.one of the only downsides, if you can call it that, is that you cant add micro sd or flash, so you are stuck with the 16 gb,s, but that should be more than enough for an android. a very good review is available on www.techradar.com hope this info helps you in making your choice.

Many thanks DroidMan,

I think I'll go into PC World and preorder a 16gb model. I think I can live without the SD Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭TheTurk1972

Edit:

Wrong thread :)

I would like one of these but what seems to be the deal these days with having tablets you can't even put an SD card into.
    I would have thought that would be a major selling feature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Edit:

Wrong thread :)

I would like one of these but what seems to be the deal these days with having tablets you can't even put an SD card into.
    I would have thought that would be a major selling feature.

It's a push towards 'cloud' storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement