Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uppababy Vista v Quinny Buzz? Help break deadlock!

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

We are split on this decision so we would appreciate any advice to help us make up our minds?

Pros/cons for each would be great as well to help bolster my argument (I'm on the Vista side!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

I have an uppababy and to say I love it is almost an understatement!

Pro's
    She slept in the basket during the day when she came home also night suitable so don't need a basket although dd went straight into her cot.
    Fits on public transport well.
    Has a tiny turning circle for going round shops etc.
    Uv cover is brilliant when the weather is warm keeps her covered and cool.
    dd seems very comfy now shes moved into the proper stroller part is always asleep in seconds whereas would never sleep when I had maxi cosi on the frame.
    We've took it on hikes and with the wheels locked it goes great.
    basket underneath is huge and holds a lot- it actually had my full weeks shopping in it yesterday
    once your using the buggy seat it can be folded as one piece aswell

cons
    back wheels slightly wide for some shops but only found it an issue when dh pushes so I think he just doesnt watch where hes going.
    can take up a lot of room in boot of car but still fits ok for us and wheels come off easy if was an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

I had a Quinny Buzz, never seen an Uppababy so can't compare as such.
    However I found that although the Quinny looked lovely, I found it very wide & as a result a bit of a pain when out shopping.

I also didn't like that you had to take the seat part off the base to put it in the boot.I had a small car & had to put the seat part in upside down to make it fit.
    So it kept getting dirty rubbing off the wheels.

The sun shade also barely covers baby when sitting in it.

I only used it for a couple of weeks though, but they were my thoughts on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

uppa baby vista converts to a double quinny does not.......(this is the deal breaker as far as I am concerned)
    You might never need the double but it better to have the option IMHO
    I had the quinny for first child loved it but found it heavy and a bit arkward.
    I then bought Phil and teds when no2 came along
    My advice to all is to buy something that converts to a double

Congrats and best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭dessierb

Agree with lisha buy the uppa baby - as it converts to double you just never know when it maybe needed :D. If you are spending that amount on a buggy get the one that will last if you have more than one smallie....... We ended up buying a Phil and Teds too when no 2 came along.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

i actually seen someone today with an uppa baby with a maxi cosi on it, a toddler in the rumble seat and a 2nd on the piggy back! they all looked pretty comfy.

and you can buy new covers for the uppababy now so you can always change the colour for the 2nd baby if you wanted a change. Thats my plan anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Queen of Sheebs

I agree buy something that converts to a double. i bought the tuetonia...loved it but had to sell it and just bought a city select as due no. 2 in september. I laughed when people said to buy one that converts to a double as there was NO WAY i was having two that close together. There'll be a 15 month gap hopefully!!! Double coversion all the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I have the Quinny and I like it but a big minus is the shopping basket - ridiculously small and shallow. Also I've had two punctures in the last month or so which is a pain. The hood isn't fantastic either but it is nice to push.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

We've the uppababy and absolutely love it!! Massive shopping basket, easy to fold, easy to push, no fear of punctures, big carrycot that can be used for over night sleeping if we're away, can't fault it so far! The quinny was on our list too but the risk of punctures and tiny shopping basket put us off!

Advertisement