Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping parcels to perth

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Some of my family have just moved to perth.. I have to send out a few parcels to them. One is a pretty large computer hard drive and screen and other bits.. the total shipment will be about 3 boxes with a total weight of 60kg including an estimated 5 kg of packing materials ( boxes foam etc)
    What is the best company to use to send all of this as cheaply as possible?

how should it all be insured?

Any tips on how to pack a computer safely especially with the long distances involved.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 kinggriff

rainyrun wrote: »
    Some of my family have just moved to perth.. I have to send out a few parcels to them. One is a pretty large computer hard drive and screen and other bits.. the total shipment will be about 3 boxes with a total weight of 60kg including an estimated 5 kg of packing materials ( boxes foam etc)
    What is the best company to use to send all of this as cheaply as possible?

how should it all be insured?

Any tips on how to pack a computer safely especially with the long distances involved.

thanks
    Best option I found was an post. Make sure the boxes are no more than 20 kg each and you can send them registered post for €65 each. However you are only insured for €100 per box and they can get battered so wrap them up well.

Advertisement