Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

submersible pump wiring

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭

A neighbor has asked me to wire up a submersible pump to see if it is working before it is put into full time operation. It was taken out of a well 2/3 years ago(working) and has been in the shed sense. There is a 4 core flex on it I just want to drop it into a bath of water to see if it will pump what's the story with the black(4th core). I wired up the brown, blue and earth into a 3 pin plug and there was no geek's out of the pump. What's the story with the black. Goulds, 6gz 10, .75kw 2800rpm were the only marking's that i could make out. This is just to see if the pump is working. Thank's..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

Phase, neutral , start winding & run winding to be connected up ( all 4 cores) . It needs a starter with capacitors to create an artificial phase to get it going .

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

bertie1 wrote: »
    Phase, neutral , start winding & run winding to be connected up ( all 4 cores) . It needs a starter with capacitors to create an artificial phase to get it going .

is there any fast fix so to see if the pup is working or will i need some sort of control box?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 509 ✭✭✭bertie1

You need the control box for it with the capacitors

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭grousedogtom

Yes you will need a .75 kw control box = 1 hp,which will contain a 30 micro farad capacitor and a 7 amp overlaod,wheres the control box from when it was in the well?

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭patdahat

that's the problem it's prob under the bench somewhere with the rest of the stuff lost.

• Advertisement
Advertisement