Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitman Training

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭

http://www.pitman-training.ie/Courses/detail/it-support-technician-diploma

Would anybody know if this course is worth doing . I am now thinking about making a career because I will have the money to leave work in 3 months time and I would like a career in IT . Would this course be worth doing and what jobs could I go for if I was to do it .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭druidhill

I'd find a lot more out about it first. The link you provided made no reference to a work experience element and A+ exam fees are not covered (not explicitly mentioned at least). You'd be as well off buy a good A+ book, get hold of a couple of old PCs and learn at a time that suits you.

Stay in the job while you look for an IT related one, once you have your qualification, as it sounds like you have zero experience in and knowledge of IT. If you're really interested in a career in IT, self-learning is always the cheapest option. The rest will be down to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 wantsuntoshine

http://www.pitman-training.ie/Courses/detail/it-support-technician-diploma

Would anybody know if this course is worth doing . I am now thinking about making a career because I will have the money to leave work in 3 months time and I would like a career in IT . Would this course be worth doing and what jobs could I go for if I was to do it .

Please read my one and only previous post re: Pitman training. I can only really go by my own experience and by how my niece has been treated. But according to other posts in that thread, Pitman centres have a habit of messing people around for a h*ll of a lot of money in the process. Having said that, I noticed that a guy in the Pitman headquarters ended up resolving any valid issues so hopefully my daughters situation will be next.
    We can hope!
    Good luck with whichever course you opt for :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 pitmanireland

Dear wantsuntoshine
    I got a reply post from you yesterday advising you would make immediate contact vwith me via email, but I have not heard from you.
    There are no email prolems at my end, but you can also email me at derek@pitman-training.ie. Or you can phone or text me on 00447711265278 and I will return your call. Many thanks.
    Derek Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

My brother did the IT Support throu FAS for A+ and network+, was funny since Pitman were running the course in the room across the way and were over 2500Euro, FAS was free and covered exams - and they both did the same, throw on videos on the projector and give hand outs. Although FAS did buy the mike myers book and lab books.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

You want to make a Career in IT?

you not going to get far by just doing a Course within PitMan Training, For a Well OverFee of a Course may i add,

Do a night Time Course within CIT,

CCNA, A+, Net+, Server + i would do Network + then move onto the CCNA but the CCNA does Cost 2k or more but you can do the Higher Cert in Computing @ 160 a module and move onto your Hons In Computing

which will stand more to you trying to get a job in IT

May i add the Course you want to do is a Level 4 NFQ 5 at the Most, The CIT Higher Cert in Computing is a Level 6, you can then move onto your Level 7 and do a Diploma in cloud computing which stands at Level 8 but its not NFQ awarded,

• Advertisement
Advertisement