Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paypal closing claim as tracking information invalid?

Options
  • 04-07-2012 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

I bought a dsi for my daughters birthday on Ebay for £85.99 (buy it now) it was advertised as brand new and when I received it it was clearly not new, the port for charging appeared burned, the touch screen was working correctly and I got advise from local Game shop who advised definitely not new, perhaps rebuilt.
    Contacted buyer for refund (this was difficult as Ebay removed him from selling just after I paid for and he had shipped the item) and he offered £20 refund, however I explained wanted full refund. He wasn't getting back to me so I opened Paypal dispute. They advised if I returned the DSI I would get full refund, so I posted by Irish Regsitered Post and provided them with tracking number, they then asked for photographic evidence of receipt which I provided them with. I kept tracking the item and it was marked 'attempted delivery' on the an post website. Now Paypal have closed claim saying invalid tracking information but it is valid, i can see it on an post website. Appears item still in China but where I don't know, hasn't been signed for so must be with postal service. So I have lost my £85.99, the fee to post it back and the item as it doesn't seem to be coming back to me. Can any advise if in similar situation, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Contact the chargeback dept of your credit card company and explain everything. You may have a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busybee85

Hi, I used the o2 money card which you top up in advance like a debit card, so probably not possible do you know if it is? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

What a disaster! In my experience Paypal are slippery little buggers and you need to keep hassling them. They have a huge customer service base right in Ireland and they really aren't very good. I would definitely ring them tomorrow and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Things seem to have happened very quickly .

I think that when Paypal close a dispute , it is not easy to get it re-opened.

Try tracking item on www.17track.net

You need to try communicating with the seller again and see what he has to say .
    Not easy I know .

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭chopsey

did you give an post a value for the item when you registered it? not sure what the default is but if they cant track it then you will have a claim from an post i would imagine.

surely the idea of registering something is that it reaches its destination and is signed for, if they dont track into china then they shouldnt have allowed you to register it.

either way i'd be chasing Paypal as you had jumped through their hoops and i'd be chasing An Post for the package you sent as registered post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

busybee85 wrote: »
    Hi, I used the o2 money card which you top up in advance like a debit card, so probably not possible do you know if it is? thanks

I've got a successful charge back from an 02 money card before
    Ring them up and they will get you to email any evidence, take a couple of months to get the money back then

• Registered Users Posts: 3 busybee85

hi guys, just to update you. emailed the seller directly last night see if he might chase up the dsi his end and then send me refund, he was extremely rude and said that he "wasn't so kind to issue a refund because paypal said no"
    Anyway was raging all night over this so rang paypal this morning, got a really helpful girl who said that the reason my claim was closed was because the receipt only showed the country I was sending the parcel to not the full address and this is why my tracking information was 'invalid' So i explained to the girl that nowhere on Paypal did it state anything other than I needed 'proof of postage', which I had and provided them with and that I was not advised of this at any stage, so the girl agreed with me and has agreed to process my full refund, I am over the moon. money so tight at min unreal and my daughters birthday was at start of June and we still havent given her her present as it was the dsi and if I didnt get the refund I couldnt afford another dsi or a different present. But word of advice the girl gave me, if using the Irish postal service to return an item for a refund through paypal, get them to write a certificate of postage with the full address of where you are sending the parcel to as well as you're normal postage receipt. Thanks for all your help guys and hope this prevents others from getting into this situation :):):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭andreas_220D

busybee85 wrote: »
    ... the reason my claim was closed was because the receipt only showed the country I was sending the parcel to not the full address and this is why my tracking information was 'invalid'
    ring An Post Customer Service and ask for a Customer Posting Book for Registered Post C1027. Whenever you post items registered, fill out the form with the full address of the recipient etc. and have it stamped by the post office. So you have a proof of delivery with full address details, tracking number, value weight etc.

I once had a similar case with Amazon, just forwarded a copy of the stamped form and the case was solved within minutes.

Advertisement