Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman has to collect garda in her own car after burglary!

• 05-07-2012 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

Heard this unreal story on Joe Duffy today:
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0704/1224319342905.html

It appears that things are so bad now that not only are there not enough gardai but even when they are available they may not have access to a patrol car.

I just checked the price of the new Lexus GS 450h (€60,000) http://www.rev.ie/brian-odriscoll-present-for-the-lexus-gs-450h-unveiling/
    and by my conservative calculation the cost of the e-voting machines would have paid for 833 of them! Not, of course, taking into account the discount that would be available for bulk purchasing. I'm not suggesting that the gardai would have needed 833 vehicles in one year and the wasted money would have provided them with vehicles for years or am I missing something.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

If da bankers didn't steal so much we'd have monay for cors for the 5-0. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Ah Joe, the bleedin e-votin' yokes... y'know them things.. the wudda bort the Gardaz a loada bleedin Lexusiz if yer man wudda sold de bleedin' things to de charitiez Joe.

It's a disgrace Joe, so ir iz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

AN E-VOTING MACHINE ATE MY POLICE CAR!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Ah Joe, the bleedin e-votin' yokes... y'know them things.. the wudda bort the Gardaz a loada bleedin Lexusiz if yer man wudda sold de bleedin' things to de charitiez Joe.

And that was Mary from Clontaarf,

And next up we have Bridie from Clontaaarf who thinks there's just too much coleslaw; "its terrible Joe, what happened that we have so much coleslaw, and the teenagers Joe"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

She then drove to the Garda station, which was about a mile from her house...

Had he no bike?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Tis all dem drugs thats doin' it, Shur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Hope she had the meter running

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I find this somewhat humorous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Good thing they didn't rob her car too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

but how dus dat make you feeel Starbelgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Well, I'm glad it's a matter of hilarity (I suppose it is AH) but as most of you are probably years younger than me you have a lot longer than me to laugh while you pay extra taxes to put the State back together. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Well, I'm glad it's a matter of hilarity (I suppose it is AH) but as most of you are probably years younger than me you have a lot longer than me to laugh while you pay extra taxes to put the State back together. :D

It's a good thing the government's saving money by not paying for police cars then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

1 mile away from her house, lazy Garda more like it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

cut fas and jobbridge - make a huge billion euro saving to free up for more garda recruitment(creating actual jobs),and some extra for cars up and down the country..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I bet that garda is fat.
    only 1.6km walk / run.
    easily done in 12 mins at walking pace...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

I bet that garda is fat.
    only 1.6km walk / run.
    easily done in 12 mins at walking pace...

This from a Cookie Monster?????

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

She would have been able to drive like a mad bitch though, you can speed all you like if you're giving a Garda a lift, and you can drive on the footpaths :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

If a guard arrived at my house on a bike after a burglary, I would e-vote him out of the house!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

thats a how to on killing a pedestrian very dangerous..btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It's the GAA's fault Joe, the Croke Park agreement Joe.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Chorcai wrote: »
    1 mile away from her house, lazy Garda more like it.

Yes he is lazy because he did not walk to the scene of a crime. This will be happening more frequently with all the cut backs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

This is the County that gave us Daniel O'Donnel, if they were any more laid back they'd all fall over, so no surprise really when it turns out the cops up there are not exactly dynamos.
    I'm surprised anyone up there stirred up the energy to commit a burglary in the first place. Must have been a blow-in.
    ^I have now put more effort into solving this crime than the Donegal Gardai btw^.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Sorry, What? Look At Me Screeeeen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

Sorry, What? Look At Me Screeeeen! Jesus is there an echo in here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Nah, it's just the lag between here and Donegal.

Advertisement