Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sore throat!

Options
  • 05-07-2012 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey lads.

Sorry for posting again so soon.
    So I haven had a smoke in 2 days now (nearly). Im going crazy.
    Ive been vaping and its great and all but does anyone else find that it irratates their throat?

I really DESPISE the taste. Ive ordered new liquids, but im still worried.

Can you dilute the liquid with water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Complety of topic here but have a look at deal extreme for them electronic cigarettes mad cheap http://www.dealextreme.com/c/health-electronic-cigarettes-864

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

The only times vaping has hurt my throat was either when the atomiser had the initial primer, was dying, or when I chain-vaped a pure PG liquid.

The flavour being ass on those default bottles they hand out is almost a given at this stage, your new ones'll be much nicer...
    As long as your atty isn't fucked.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

ger10 wrote: »
    Hey lads.

Sorry for posting again so soon.
    So I haven had a smoke in 2 days now (nearly). Im going crazy.
    Ive been vaping and its great and all but does anyone else find that it irratates their throat?

I really DESPISE the taste. Ive ordered new liquids, but im still worried.

Can you dilute the liquid with water?

Throat can be sore especially after just quitting real smokes.
    Try 1. drink water, just do it, a sip in between vapes works quite well
    Also 2. try higher VG concentrations, like 50/50 PG/VG or even 60/40 PG/VG

Whats your ecig? eGo or other?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it can dry the hell out of your throat
    like newmark said just sip on water during the day

its also possible you're vaping too high strength juice? not sure about that but i guess it's possible, the hgher nic juices do have more of a throathit to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

only time i got one was as said above when the nic was to high,voltage/wattage was to high or the coil was dry/almost dry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭wingnut32

If its any help when I first started I used to get this and it was at its worst in the morning. A couple of sips of water and I dont know what happened after time, I think I just got used to it!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I did get a bit of a sore throat when I stopped smoking analogues.

But if you despise the taste so much and it's really irritating your throat I wonder if you're just getting lots of dry hits. They can really cut your throat.

Is there a strong metallic kind of taste?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ger10

hey guys,

Sore throat has gotten worse, it seems to be directly aggrevated by the vapor.

I went into the walk in store in gardiner street because I needed help quick, and she recommened cognac tobacco which is also grotesque. I swear it tastes like sweet vomit. I went in to make sure I was doing everything right, which i was.

I pretty much give up. Just gonna try cold turkey :(

Thanks for all the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Oh that's a pity. Best of luck with it

thanks alot man, I'm currently in bed, curled up with what seems like a flu, but more likely withdrawal symptoms.

If anyone here has access to a gun or any weapon, and would like to put me out of my misery please get in touch!

• Advertisement

before you quit maybe try some 100% vg juices?

http://www.thevapourstore.ie/vg-e-liquid/cat_83.html

vg isn't as harsh as pg, less flavour over all but more vapour. some people do have reactions to pg but i dont know if a sore throat is a common one.

what are you using to vape?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'd imagine the sore throat is more to do with quitting than vaping, I had these flu like symptoms when I gave up, sore throat, headache fever and severe cold. Only lasted 2 days though....
    I didn't vape because I was so unwell, but when I got better I started to crave so went back to vaping and all was ok.
    Reduce nicotine, accept that you are in withdrawal, and if you can do it cold turkey all the better if not then chance vaping again.

Get away from tobacco flavours, try something mild like RY4, not as harsh and smoother.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭sdp

Best of luck with cold turkey, when family started vaping same thing happened to me, it sounds like withdrawl symptons all right, and it also finding the right e cig for you, got great advice from all the gd people here, as Hunter Mahan said, stay away from tobacco flavours,i found them the worst, you just can't get the same taste or hit from whatever brand you were smoking, and god knows i tried :) now use menthol and fruit flavours, and find them lovely and fresh,it takes a while for body and mind to get used to new way of smoking,
    wishing you best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

You shouldn't get a sore throat from vaping. I think it's either the juice you're using, or possible the device you are using is faulty and you are getting a burnt taste, which is awful.

Hey guys!

well as you can imagine the cold turkey was driving me crazy. I had a terrible fever and I found it hard to even sip water. I could hardly eat.
    I vaped that horrible cognac tabacco just a few drags in the morning but i was so sick I could even think of cravings for most of the day.
    I was in work, and people were asking me would I like to go out with them for a cigarrette, and on a few occasions i was very tempted. But, no joke, I felt I was letting you guys down ha.
    My boss gave me the day off today seeing as im like a zombie and I went to the fairyhouse market today and got redbull flavour juice.
    It goes down alot easier than the other but the flavour gets old, quick! :P,
    Anyways, this is my fifth day without a real smoke, Im starting to feel better. I would like to thank all of you for the advice and helping me get to this far. I honestly felt guilt that I was letting you guys down at the though of an cig ha. Appreciate it BIG TIME!! :)

oh and by the way I have an ego-t :)

are you blowing the primer off the atomiser before you vape?

wipe the battery end of the atomiser with a bit of tissue, put it to your lips and blow hard into another tissue (hold the tissue over the other end of the atomiser). it will blow some gunk onto the tissue which you can just throw away. you might have to do that 2 or 3 times. the ego-t atomisers come with a primer on them .. for some reason, I guess to protect them in transit and while they're waiting in stock.

if you dont blow out the atomiser when you first get it over itme you'll get rid of the primer just by vaping so maybe you wont have to do it now but when you're changing the atomiser do it to the new one then. might help, if that was the reason for the sore throat.

Ye man, I didn't do it the first time! But i took your advice the second time and did it :) It was much better right from the get-go! :)
    This vaping thing may grow on me yet! I bought 0% liquid today so i can dilute the other two ****ty tabacco liquids I got.
    As a matter of interest sir digby how long have you been vaping? How long did it take you to decide it was good for you?

vaping since november '10 I think. I gave the rest of my last pack of cigarettes to my flatmates within an hour or two of setting the ecig up if I remember right.

juices are the trickiest part of it, it's hard to know what someone will like..

check out some of the juices here http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Categories/Premium_ELiquid if you want to try some non-tobacco ones. the orange ice-pop tastes ridiculously like a super-split
    youll probably have to buy a couple of 10ml bottles of different juices from different sites before you decide on a couple you like enough to vape all the time and even then your tastes might change over time.

irishvapers whitelabel juices are lovely too. most of the other sites have dekang juices which are kinda the standard juice you find around the internet. some are lovely, some aren't. have a read through the juice-review thread and see if anything takes your fancy.

Advertisement