Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken fillets

Options
  • 05-07-2012 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

does anyone no where i can get 200 gram chicken fillets or bigger for a good price around dublin ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Superquinn as of late have been doing decent offers on chicken fillets, not sure if it's still on as I got the mother to stock the freezer to the max the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any reason they must be big? from what I have ever seen the standard 130-140g ones work out cheaper.

Many butchers I go to have the 130-140 size 10 for €10. They sometimes do have the bigger ones but they are a lot dearer per kg for some reason.

If you have use for the other bits of the chicken it is possibly more economical to buy a large roasting chicken and cut the breasts off, esp. if they are on offer. I got 2x350g breasts of a very large chicken in dunnes before. I think it worked out cheaper to just cut the breasts off and dump the rest, i.e. the full chicken with 2x350g fillets was cheaper than 700g of smaller breasts on their own.

Advertisement