Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drinking Vegetable Boullion

• 05-07-2012 3:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

This stuff

Been drinking this recently because I usually have a craving for savoury food. I'm not on any diet or anything but I was wondering if it's any good. I'd like to think it is because ya know.. vegetables! But it's pretty salty which suggests it might not be.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Here's the ingredients for vegetable OXO cubes (probably very similar)
    Salt, Potato Starch, Wheat Flour, Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate, Disodium 5'-ribonucleotides), Onion Extract, Yeast Extract, Glucose Syrup Solids, Vegetable Oil, Flavouring, Dried Tomato, Natural Flavourings (contains Celery), Dried Herbs (Parsley, Bay, Thyme), Sugar

Some onion extract, some tomato, both of which are very far down the list. It's mostly salt, some starch, flour and MSG. Nothing positive about it, certainly not one of your 5 a day.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Actually marigold is a brand that is relatively crap-free compared to the likes of OXO etc.

It still does have yeast extract which is MSG by another name and is veeery salty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Glitter

Marigold do a low salt version now actually.
    Although, I haven't seen either version anywhere in the last few months.
    OP, where do you get yours?

Advertisement