Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lotto won in Waterford

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

Good luck to somebody !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

Bought on Dunmore Road according to WLR

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Anybody on the forum living out that way? Nice to see a bit of good news about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

ziedth wrote: »
    Anybody on the forum living out that way? Nice to see a bit of good news about the place.
    Yes and i can confirm it was not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

A very good Thursday for someone, nice one!

I decided to hold off, I'm gonna win it next week.

jayboi wrote: »

Living out there is all the proof I need. Giv us €50 will ya...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 efier698

Thank youkv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭chainsawman

Could be somebody from Millionaire Row near Dunmore Rd... Good Luck to him/her.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭decies

Tesco ardkeen apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ffs the one time I don't get there to buy my ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yes...
    jayboi wrote: »

...and I can confirm it was not me either!

kryogen wrote: »
    ffs the one time I don't get there to buy my ticket!

Ditto!

Good luck to whoever it was anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I never bother until the rollover hits 5 million to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

mike65 wrote: »
    I never bother until the rollover hits 5 million to be honest.
    Sure i heard you dont get out of bed for less $10,000 anyway Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Probably still in bed as we speak.

I won the money, and I'm gonna open a pub that only sells Bulmers and we'll have no toilets, BUT a huge screen and every night we're open we all watch a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

wasnt_me_funny_cartoon_guilty_duck_mug-p168625721937358277z88mt_325.jpg?max_dim=325&square_it=true

Good luck to whoever it was

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shmark

Well done to whoever it was. Put the money to a good cause, and not to waste.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

twas me lads and as a treat we.re all goin to tramore!! everyone can have one ride each on the amusements an ice cream and a stick of rock also!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

shmark wrote: »
    Well done to whoever it was. Put the money to a good cause, and not to waste.

Define "waste" and define "good cause" though...

If I won the Lotto I'd keep quiet about it. I wouldn't even tell my wife about it to begin with. I'd invest it all and just live off the proceeds and tell her the full story when the fuss had long died down, like two years later.

I'd also send anonymous donations to my friends, so that they could all pay off the mortgage - on the condition they say they inherited. Nobody else would know, because otherwise you'd have every fcuker and his wife with a sob story looking for a few bob, and you'd be plagued by charity cold-callers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Black Suir

decies wrote: »
    Good luck to somebody !!

it wasnt me.

fricatus wrote: »
    Define "waste" and define "good cause" though...

If I won the Lotto I'd keep quiet about it. I wouldn't even tell my wife about it to begin with. I'd invest it all and just live off the proceeds and tell her the full story when the fuss had long died down, like two years later.

I'd also send anonymous donations to my friends, so that they could all pay off the mortgage - on the condition they say they inherited. Nobody else would know, because otherwise you'd have every fcuker and his wife with a sob story looking for a few bob, and you'd be plagued by charity cold-callers.

My aunt in England won the pools back in the 70's which would be the equivalent of winning the lotto now and they told us aside from the security it was one of the worst things to happen to them. Friends turned on them overnight and they'd get literally 100 calls a week from charities and sob stories. They had to move in the end to be with other minted people.

So I would definitely never tell anyone unless it was the euromillions cause to be fair you'd never hide that.

I always told me that if I won I wouldn't say a word. I'd live my life as I normally do, but I'd just have no want for money. I could enjoy meself without having to think "Ah I can't afford to go out this weekend" or whatever.

The jig would probably be up when I book that trip to Vegas though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

I always told me that if I won I wouldn't say a word. I'd live my life as I normally do, but I'd just have no want for money. I could enjoy meself without having to think "Ah I can't afford to go out this weekend" or whatever.

The jig would probably be up when I book that trip to Vegas though.

Why? Loads of people go to Vegas, doesn't mean you've won the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

He meant Johnny Vegas. He charges £1000 an hour :pac:

Does if you're on the dole and can afford a trip to Vegas. :pac:

twas me lads and as a treat we.re all goin to tramore!! everyone can have one ride each on the amusements an ice cream and a stick of rock also!!!

Christ €2m wouldn't get you far out in Tramore........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Christ €2m wouldn't get you far out in Tramore........
    true that!!! be cheaper to fly everyone to disneyland for a week and i'm a born and bred tramore man

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

years ago my sister won a house but took the money instead. She got a load of letters from "friends" in need of money. Wouldnt mind but it wasnt an awful lot of money, well not by todays standards anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Could be somebody from Millionaire Row near Dunmore Rd... Good Luck to him/her.
    More than likely ye .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

You'd need that kind of money if ya want to shop in shaws:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

A worker was telling me in tesco that this person was at the hospital and went into tesco ardkeen for a quick pick. When I heard it the rage was building up inside me with steam coming out.....with jealously.:D

1801pictureofanangryman.png

Fair play to them, I hope it brings them happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

I know who it is. Going public next week.

Advertisement