Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trade qualifications test or change over

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

just a quickn Q,,,,served my time as a plumber and quailified,,,work more in the industrial side of things so pipefitting would be more my title,,last few years ive be doing instument pipefitting (oil and gas)which i prefer,,,,,,ive a guy in aus that says he wants me over to work on big gas projects off the coast of australia,,,,,,,thing is where do i start with regards of qualifiacations,,,do i do me offshore cert here or wait till i go over there etc

cheers b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

any1

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

The best person to advise you would probably be the person offering you a job. A general rule is to not do any courses like that overseas as it might not be acknowledged here. You could have a look at seek.com to see what requirements are needed for offshore pipefitters.

Advertisement