Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Premium Bark Mulch - Westland Golden Pine Bark

Options
  • 05-07-2012 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

A few years ago I got a few bags of really good Bark Mulch except in a kind of nugget form. It was a Westland Product. They stopped manufacturing it because it was very expensive and people were not buying it. In its place was a golden pine bark - but in less of a nugget form but not as cheap looking as the ordinary mulch you see all over the place. The Golden Pine Bark in the pellet/nugget form seems to have disappeared now too. I was wondering if anybody knows where I can purchase really good pellet/nugget. To explain the background, its for a large grave area and to be honest, the nuggets looked really class. The other cheaper stuff you see in every garden centre has too much aggregate wood and bigs of twigs etc in it and it all fades over a summer. I dont mind paying top dollar for good stuff and I will literally travel to anywhere in the country to purchase it. Westland have said that they do not have any in stock but my best bet is to stumble upon some somewhere.

Does anybody know of some premium alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

In the long run it may be cheaper and more pleasent to the eye to get a stone or pebble mulch for an individual grave.

I find that the only bark mulch that is any good is a composted bark. After a wetting it sticks togeather and does not them blow away and it gives a more uniform surface. (not mini nor medium chip and I never liked the performance of coir or coco shell options either)

Can get truckloads from these:

http://www.cnm.ie/

Depending on the area it may be worth putting down a water permiable barrier, like Mypex, under the mulch to cut down on the weeding.

Advertisement