Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wax for intimate areas

• 05-07-2012 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya! Bit of an embarrassing one, but whatever.

Going to the new bf's house tomorrow so wanna be well groomed. I hate having body hair, so I usually get a Hollywood. However, the two salons near me are booked up today and tomorrow, and I don't have the time to get into the city center.

So, are there any waxes you can use on intimate areas? Most of the bikini wax packs say that they can't be used anywhere closer to the, erm, lady area (:o) than the bikini line, but I need to get rid of basically everything. :pac::pac:

Any suggestions for waxes or even body hair removal creams or whatever, that can be used all over that area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

To be honest - unless you are trained or have a lot of knowledge about waxing etc, I wouldn't even attempt to wax yourself. That's asking for trouble. Even a few beauticians I've spoken to won't wax themselves, they get others to wax them as it's very difficult to wax themselves.

As for the likes of Veet etc, they are fine for the bikini line, but I wouldn't use them anywhere else down there.

Also, don't you have to wait for something like 48hrs after getting waxed before partaking in any 'activities'? That's what I have always been told anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

To be honest - unless you are trained or have a lot of knowledge about waxing etc, I wouldn't even attempt to wax yourself. That's asking for trouble. Even a few beauticians I've spoken to won't wax themselves, they get others to wax them as it's very difficult to wax themselves.

As for the likes of Veet etc, they are fine for the bikini line, but I wouldn't use them anywhere else down there.

Also, don't you have to wait for something like 48hrs after getting waxed before partaking in any 'activities'? That's what I have always been told anyway.

I've waxed myself before with no problems, til I had a reaction to the wax. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Waxing your bikini line, due to the angle you wax yourself at is difficult, painful and leads to increased ingrown hairs. Also if you are going tonight it's possible you will be red and lumpy.

I use Dimples hair removal cream.

Also I would not recommend doing a Hollywood on yourself or using any hair removal cream to give yourself a Hollywood as you won't be partaking in any bedroom sports if you do!

Where are you based Lynda? I might be able to recommend salon?

I can't recommend a product I'm afraid as I wouldn't dare do it myself :D

Pembily wrote: »
    Waxing your bikini line, due to the angle you wax yourself at is difficult, painful and leads to increased ingrown hairs. Also if you are going tonight it's possible you will be red and lumpy.

I use Dimples hair removal cream.

Also I would not recommend doing a Hollywood on yourself or using any hair removal cream to give yourself a Hollywood as you won't be partaking in any bedroom sports if you do!

Yeah, I was thinking about that! See, I've waxed myself with no issues, but never done the whole lot by myself. :pac:

Guess it's hair removal cream and praying a razor does the rest. :pac:

Thanks ladies! :)

• Advertisement

Where are you based Lynda? I might be able to recommend salon?

I can't recommend a product I'm afraid as I wouldn't dare do it myself :D

I'm in Coolock. :)

I don't know anywhere over that way I'm afraid :(

I don't know anywhere over that way I'm afraid :(

Haha, it's okay. Thanks for the help!

Looks like I have to meet my sister later on in a different place than arranged, so I'm gonna try grab a salon out there. Here's hoping!

Mods, this thread can be locked.

I appreciate the help!

well if you're heading southside I know plenty of places :D

well if you're heading southside I know plenty of places :D

Nah, still on the Northside, but there are a few places around the area I'm going to, so I'll start making some calls! :)

• Advertisement

Good luck! I'd be in a tizzy :pac:

Advertisement