Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dongeal Woman Burgled, Rings Gardaí, Garda asks her for a lift

• 05-07-2012 11:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

LOL

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/191957-gardai-no-patrol-cars-respond-calls.html

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/07/03/garda-with-no-patrol-car-td-to-raise-donegal-cuts-with-minister/

A Donegal woman whose house was burgled had to drive a Garda to her home because he didn’t have a patrol car.

The woman arrived to find her home in Manorcunningham wrecked after it had been entered by burglars.

The woman contacted her husband who told her to contact the Gardai.
    When she did so she was told by Gardai in Newtowncunningham that they did not have a patrol car.

The woman then went and collected the Garda who carried out an investigation into the crime.

The situation has been slammed by local county councillor Paul Canning who said the area is drastically undermanned by Gardai
    “This is a terrible situation when something like this has to happen in order for a crime to be investigated.

“I am not blaming the Gardai but something drastic needs to be done.

====================================================

If ye can't do the time, don't do the, oh wait...

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

That town will be over run by people who live in kilnarden in Tallaght
    i think their all born to rob up their ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Stiffler2 wrote: »

LOL

http://www.politics.ie/forum/justice/191957-gardai-no-patrol-cars-respond-calls.html

http://www.donegaldaily.com/2012/07/03/garda-with-no-patrol-car-td-to-raise-donegal-cuts-with-minister/

A Donegal woman whose house was burgled had to drive a Garda to her home because he didn’t have a patrol car.

The woman arrived to find her home in Manorcunningham wrecked after it had been entered by burglars.

The woman contacted her husband who told her to contact the Gardai.
    When she did so she was told by Gardai in Newtowncunningham that they did not have a patrol car.

The woman then went and collected the Garda who carried out an investigation into the crime.

The situation has been slammed by local county councillor Paul Canning who said the area is drastically undermanned by Gardai
    “This is a terrible situation when something like this has to happen in order for a crime to be investigated.

“I am not blaming the Gardai but something drastic needs to be done.

====================================================

If ye can't do the time, don't do the, oh wait...

Issue the Gardai with bus passes ?? or bicycles..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That's the second time in 2 days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Issue the Gardai with bus passes ?? or bicycles..

I heard this on the radio, he didn't even have a bicycle.

I can picture that phone call now,

Woman: Hi, Gardaí, I'm being burgled, I need garda presence immediately
    Gardaí ( thick country accent ) : ya wouldn't give us a lift would ya, I've no car

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

I hear the click of subarus getting lifted for the "big run to donegal" as we speak. I can hear the local gard now "yes control, I am in pursuit of a stolen veeehicle.....no, jasus, he's managed to start it... nope, he's gone.... Pursuit ended control."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

If they all paid their VRT on their luxury SUVs up their then there would be more money in the county for essential services like a patrol car.

If they all paid their VRT on their luxury SUVs up their then there would be more money in the county for essential services like a patrol car.
    Do they all have luxury suvs? Savage, thats a big leap forwards cos last time I was up there an awful lot were driving round in sh1tboxes. Things must have moved on nicely. Fair play Donegal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

How did the guard get to work in the first place?? Did he/she have their own personel transport??? If so, its a bit stingy not to use that. Lady's been burgled there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

That's kind of hilarious........... in the 'if you don't laugh, you'll cry' way.

Brendan Gleeson never had these problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Thread here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement