Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa league Ireland vs Iceland

• 05-07-2012 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭

19:45 Bohemian FC ? - ? Thor A Dalymount
    Owen Heary has backed Bohemians to make a big impression in Thursday's Europa League first round qualifying first leg match with Thór Akureyri in Dalymount Park.

The Gypsies return to European action with a new look compared to their previous campaigns as budget restricitions have forced Callaghan to bring in several young players compared to previous lavish spending on some of the top names in the league.

Last Friday’s memorable 4-0 win over fierce rival Shamrock Rovers in Dalymount Park showed that good times can still be enjoyed at the club despite the constraints and tonight’s game provides the chance to make more progress.

Icelandic side Thór Akureyri are actually in the second division in their domestic league, having qualified for Europe by reaching the Icelandic Cup final last season.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/europa-league/2012/0704/327855-preview-bohemians-v-thor-akureyri/

19:45 St. Patricks ? - ? Vestmannaeyar Richmond
    St Patrick’s Athletic meet IBV in the Europa League for the second season running as the Saints looks to establish a lead in tonight’s first leg at Richmond Park.

Pat’s beat IBV 2-1 on aggregate least season with the Icelandic side winning 1-0 at home until a 2-0 victory in Inchicore put the Premier Division side through.

The Saints were on to reach the third round last season and they’ll hope to build on a run of nine matches unbeaten in Richmond in European competition.

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/europa-league/2012/0704/327859-pats-set-to-face-ibv-in-europa-lge/

Pats Audio Commentary

Cmon Ireland!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

BFITW

FACT

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭edolan

Best of luck to Bohs, hope Pats go through as well, but pick up a load of injuries.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Eh, kick off is at 7.45...

Hate having any expectation this season, but we really ought to be winning tonight.

Also text and audio commentary will be available for the Bohs game, details here

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Any idea where Thór Akureyri are playing the second leg? I checked up on their stadium and apparently it has a capacity under 1000 which makes me think they'll move the game (tho considering the location , maybe not).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Also text and audio commentary will be available for the Bohs game, details here

Best of luck with the commentary, im on tonight theres a lad called Eythór Helgi Birgisson playing for IBV ffs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

stovelid wrote: »
    BFITW

FACT

oh ffs let it go would ya

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Squelchy

kitakyushu wrote: »
    Any idea where Thór Akureyri are playing the second leg? I checked up on their stadium and apparently it has a capacity under 1000 which makes me think they'll move the game (tho considering the location , maybe not).

Would it be necessary? There's like 300,000 people in the whole of Iceland. How many Bohs fans making the trip? I know there's a charter flight, but can't remember the figure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best of luck to both teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

kitakyushu wrote: »

They're playing in their home stadium

Squelchy wrote: »
    Would it be necessary? There's like 300,000 people in the whole of Iceland. How many Bohs fans making the trip? I know there's a charter flight, but can't remember the figure.

I think the charter holds 50 + 20 or so making their own way over

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

hope they both bag a couple of goals tonight and have a bit of a cushion for the second leg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

On my way into the Pats match now, hopefully get a win. Good luck to Bohs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Any chance either of these are being shown on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Felexicon wrote: »
    Any chance either of these are being shown on TV

Nope!

dan1895 wrote: »
    Nope!
    Cool. Good job RTE. Cheers for that.

I think last year, Irish clubs as a collective were the only ones with no games shown on television in their own country. Maybe Northern Ireland too actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭craggles

BFITW

FACT

You bitter, bitter man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Always love the commentary for the Pats games...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Always love the commentary for the Pats games...

Surprised they are allowed tonight, I'll be listening tonight anyway.

UEFA are even worse than the FAI in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

TV3 have the rights to the Europa League- cant blame RTE

Felexicon wrote: »
    Cool. Good job TV3. Cheers for that.
    FMP:D

efb wrote: »
    TV3 have the rights to the Europa League- cant blame RTE

Not for the qualifiers afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

dan1895 wrote: »
    Not for the qualifiers afaik.

Qualifiers are on a match-by-match basis. The final qualifying round might be different.

I wonder what the craic is with online coverage.

I see on twitter that AerTV might be interested. I can imagine them running away screaming if they actually go and find out what UEFA want for them to screen a match that nobody wants to televise.

Best of luck to the two teams tonight.

Ebbs wrote: »
    Surprised they are allowed tonight, I'll be listening tonight anyway.

UEFA are even worse than the FAI in that regard.

Kinda hard to stop these days, would be easy to use Skype on the phone and an online service to broadcast it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Would love to be in Richmond tonight. The European games down there are usually deadly!

Best of luck to Bohs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Yea heading off to Richmond now in a few minutes. Looking forward to it. Come on the super saints!

Hopefully the Irish teams can do the double over the Icelandic ones tonight! LOI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Yea heading off to Richmond now in a few minutes. Looking forward to it. Come on the super saints!

Hopefully the Irish teams can do the double over the Icelandic ones tonight! LOI.

Enjoy and good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Best of luck to both Bohs and Pats! Hopefully they will represent the country well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Kinda hard to stop these days, would be easy to use Skype on the phone and an online service to broadcast it.

Impossible to stop, but not impossible to sanction. Once the commentary is distanced from the club then all is well, its just if the station is an "official" club station they could get in trouble.

I doubt it will be happen, unfortunately anything is possible in the crazy world of FAI/UEFA/FIFA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Ironic Pats named after a foreign monk are playing a club named after monks from Ireland!

Pats one up.

HT
    Bohs 0-0 Thor

Pats 1-0 IBV
    Fagan 39.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

We werent very good, looked like a team not interested, sloppy in possession , sloppy passing. Not what we used to anyway.

IBV werent up to much, few decent players. Think we will score over there and doubt they will get 3.

Most pats fans disappointed cos we secretly wanted to thump them and book flights to Bosnia on thebasis of the result. Holding off means i wont be able to go if we get a win over there next week.

I Commentated on 1st half, Mark Rossiter 2nd half, hes been waiting weeks to use that Bisto gravy joke :D

• Advertisement

craggles wrote: »
    You bitter, bitter man.

Absolutely.

I assume that our Euro threads will be colonized yet again by the 'seasonal experts' again this year.

Absolutely.

I assume that our Euro threads will be colonized yet again by the 'seasonal experts' again this year.

you moan when people dont pay any attention to the local game, yet when people take an interest in clubs european games you're still the same. Surely European games are an ideal opportunity way to try and entice new fans to come along and experience local football first hand??

you moan when people dont pay any attention to the local game, yet when people take an interest in clubs european games you're still the same. Surely European games are an ideal opportunity way to try and entice new fans to come along and experience local football first hand??

Yeah all the patronizing expert guff we had to endure in the Rovers Europa league threads last year really led to a skyrocketing presence at games this season alright.

Yeah all the patronizing expert guff we had to endure in the Rovers Europa league threads last year really led to a skyrocketing presence at games this season alright.

That didnt answer my question. So you're saying that all the exposure that Shamrock Rovers get didnt win them any new supporters? Seems ye want total die hard fans or none at all. Odd attitude to say the least.

That didnt answer my question. So you're saying that all the exposure that Shamrock Rovers get didnt win them any new supporters? Seems ye want total die hard fans or none at all. Odd attitude to say the least.

New fans are grand. Just not the likes of you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Absolutely.

From another viewpoint...it'll be a very short thread this year..

dfx- wrote: »
    From another viewpoint...it'll be a very short thread this year..

We played ok against Malmo.

/clutches at straws

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Posted this elsewhere after the game last week, saw this thread and thought it might be welcome here as well - I'm from Kerry by the way:
    Keane wrote: »
    Popped my Irish soccer cherry last night at the Pats game. Can't understand the general complaints of poor facilities as an excuse for not heading up, the main stand in Richmond Park is perfectly good if a bit short on leg room.

In fairness, wouldn't know much about the league or any of the players but it looked to me on first impressions that Pats play a really nice brand of ball with the midfield three - particularly Bolger and Chambers - very impressive.

Must admit to getting a tad lost on the way over but it's actually pretty simple to get to from the house so I'll definitely be heading over again in the not too distant future. Will also head out to a couple of Rovers games in Tallaght before deciding which team I want to support, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be a Pats man from now on :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Fair play. Enjoy coming down to Richmond :)

Your right about the middle three. Great players!

keane2097 wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere after the game last week, saw this thread and thought it might be welcome here as well - I'm from Kerry by the way:

Glad you enjoyed the game! Plenty of LOI supporters on the forum so drop in to the threads for a chat.

New fans are grand. Just not the likes of you.

And the likes of me is what exactly? You havent a clue as to how much or how little i support a loi team. Thankfully mots fans of other clubs that i meet arent as insufferable as you and your cronies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

And the likes of me is what exactly? You havent a clue as to how much or how little i support a loi team. Thankfully mots fans of other clubs that i meet arent as insufferable as you and your cronies

Ever wonder why your posts are met with such a different reaction to posts like the above from Keane?

bohsman wrote: »
    Ever wonder why your posts are met with such a different reaction to posts like the above from Keane?

Maybe cos its a different type of post perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Maybe cos its a different type of post perhaps?

Bingo, glad I could help.

Can we have our thread back now? Is that OK with you?

• Advertisement
Advertisement