Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Europa league Ireland vs Iceland

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

stovelid wrote: »
    Can we have our thread back now? Is that OK with you?

Yes off you go, i'll leave you to your petty sniping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

the main stand in Richmond Park is perfectly good if a bit short on leg room

haha, one of the things I hate about Richer, eating my knees at football. Thankfully I was behind the goal last week.

In other news, I agree with stovelid. It's ****ing cringey to see people "supporting the Oirish in europe" coming into threads, pontificating about the teams, saying how we should all support each other at this time of the year.

Fúck off twats, it's a nonsense thing to come out with. Instead of "ah shure Oim supporting the Oirish team in Europe, it's what the bestest fans in the galaxy do loike", come to league games regularly, support the teams properly, buy a pint in the club bar, buy a pinbadge in the club hut.

Don't tell people who do this all the time how to support domestic football, because you haven't a clue really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I do like some of the erudite tactical analysis though. Stuff like the semi-gloating told-you-so commentary on how 17 million sterling winger is raping Rovers full back You wouldn't have noticed yourself otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

Des wrote: »
    haha, one of the things I hate about Richer, eating my knees at football. Thankfully I was behind the goal last week.

In other news, I agree with stovelid. It's ****ing cringey to see people "supporting the Oirish in europe" coming into threads, pontificating about the teams, saying how we should all support each other at this time of the year.

Fúck off twats, it's a nonsense thing to come out with. Instead of "ah shure Oim supporting the Oirish team in Europe, it's what the bestest fans in the galaxy do loike", come to league games regularly, support the teams properly, buy a pint in the club bar, buy a pinbadge in the club hut.

Don't tell people who do this all the time how to support domestic football, because you haven't a clue really.

bit harsh des i agree to an extent about them not coming more regularly when the europe games are over, but fvck it even if we got a small percent of them each year staying on......plus the extra few bob from the gates doesnt go astray...

have to agree on the seating though the main stand in tolka is the same the engineers must of been oompa loompas

have to agree on the seating though the main stand in tolka is the same the engineers must of been oompa loompas

:confused:

ah here, I sit in the Tolka main stand every match, and it's nowhere near as small as the main stand in Richer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭celtictiger32

:confused:

ah here, I sit in the Tolka main stand every match, and it's nowhere near as small as the main stand in Richer.

maybe you were one of the engineers i was talking about:D

maybe you were one of the engineers i was talking about:D

I'm no Robert Wadlow, but I'm not Chandra Bahadur Dangi either.

I'm five ten, so average normal height.

Haven't been in the main stand in Richer for quite a few years.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Being 6'4, I avoid the main stand in Richmond like the plague, was in it once for a friendly pre-season 2006, never again. Camac terrace is the place to be. Tolka is fine.

keane2097, facilities will be much better in Tallaght, but the football is a bit comedic at the minute and not in a good way...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Pontificating is a core reason why alot of people are turned off the domestic league.... Everyone should be welcome along. If they come along for short term stints like europa league who knows some might stay behind. Wheres the downside in that?

Ridiculous oneupmanship arguements dont get bums on seats and money in the coffers. Its just silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

dfx- wrote: »
    Being 6'4, I avoid the main stand in Richmond like the plague, was in it once for a friendly pre-season 2006, never again. Camac terrace is the place to be. Tolka is fine.

keane2097, facilities will be much better in Tallaght, but the football is a bit comedic at the minute and not in a good way...:)

I'm a short-arse anyways :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,118 ✭✭✭✭listermint

dfx- wrote: »

'a bit' comedic :(

listermint wrote: »

Ridiculous oneupmanship arguements dont get bums on seats and money in the coffers..

Neither does anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Madworld

keane2097 wrote: »
    Posted this elsewhere after the game last week, saw this thread and thought it might be welcome here as well - I'm from Kerry by the way:

Get a couple of games in Dalymount Park, the home of Irish football while your at it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

daily_gifdump_33_08.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

do you think both teams will go through to the next round ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Fúck off twats

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

aindriu80 wrote: »

I think the will both get through. If Bohemians score 1, then Thor will have to score 2 to go through, so 1 should be enough.

I think St. Pats will win 1-0 again or possibly draw. Don't see them losing over there this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

aindriu80 wrote: »

Agree with BKC. Pats should get through with their goal lead in the bag

We should also get get through. I'm holding onto the fact last Thursday we played ok but Thor played the best they possibly could've.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Going out to an Icelandic second division team would surely be one of Ireland's worst results in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Going out to an Icelandic second division team would surely be one of Ireland's worst results in Europe.

If that were true you would have to ignore the measurement system(s) of the Tournament. Why would you want to do that?

As a Cup Tournament the round that a club exits is a measurement, also the results in the round is another measurement as these are held for seven seasons after the event.
    So 'the worst performance' is a side that exits at the earliest stage plus has the worst individual results. The worst LoI performance is a side that went out in the first round (or earlier) and lost both legs.
    Anything else, including one leg wins or draws against Welsh opposition is better than the worst performance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

Are either of the 2nd legs televised does anyone know? Bohs play Thor at 20:30 and St Pats play IBV at 21:30. There's a great stretch in the evenings in Iceland.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Lucan Bohs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Any link for the Pats game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

keane2097 wrote: »
    Any link for the Pats game?

Audio only and havent heard if they got set up yet.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/st-pats-live-commentary

it will be there if they get going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

There's a great stretch in the evenings in Iceland.

A "stretch"... haha. It doesn't even get dark!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just a reminder.

Bohs match:-

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/thorsport-is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats a tidy little setup for a 2nd division team in Iceland to have.

Mushy wrote: »
    Thats a tidy little setup for a 2nd division team in Iceland to have.

Seems to be a manhole way to close to the pitch though, just to the right of the half way line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Thought Bohs were in trouble there.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a manhole way to close to the pitch though, just to the right of the half way line.

Heh just noticed that. How has match gone, only just tuned in.

What a time for an advertisement.

Bohs one up. Missed goal as there was a bloody advert on!!

Bohs probably on top so far, but could have been one down as they gifted Thor a chance.

1-0 Bohs Scully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Even Bohs should get job done now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Get in! Good man Scully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I had to restart my computer.

I knew I'd miss a fucking goal:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Scrappy as f*ck Oatsey, ya didnt miss a classic. But to be fair, I'd take a 95th minute deflection off the ref's sweaty nipple if it gets us through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Lads open two tabs. When one goes on an ad just watch the other.
    Working grand for me so far...

1-1

Some girl equalised.

• Advertisement

1-1 now

Tonight's line up; Clarke, O'Brien Bermingham Kenna Browne, Bolger Chambers Forrester, Meenan Flood O'Connor

1-2

Shocking defending.

2-1 Thor

Not really worth starting a hot girls thread for this match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Even Bohs should get job done now.

Ah c'mon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,379 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Are you serious.

I missed two more goals :(

Feckin viruses on this computer keep shutting it down :(

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Are you serious.

I missed two more goals :(

Feckin viruses on this computer keep shutting it down :(

Link works on iPhone, unsure if that is any use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

COME ON PAT'S!!!

fooking ads...3-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement