Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best / favourite view in Cork City

Options
  • 05-07-2012 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was walking across Mardyke Bridge this morning - my favourite view in Cork. And was wondering what other nice views in Cork City people would recommend. I particularly like the view from Mardyke Bridge looking towards Fitzgerald Park

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

Audley place at the top of Patrick's hill. Beautiful view of Northern/Western part of the city especially at night :)

S5alp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Audley place at the top of Patrick's hill. Beautiful view of Northern/Western part of the city especially at night :)

S5alp.jpg

Totally agree. This is easily the most amazing view in the city. I go to CBC up next to Patrick's Hill, and the view over the city from their is also amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

My favorite is again a night view but this time coming over the hill from Kinsale direction above Togher. Stunning.

And, years ago, I used to love sitting in a bay window of the Arbutus Lodge Hotel (of fond memory) sipping a small whisky and looking out over the docks and city beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

The views from up near Churchfield (Cathedral Rd?) out across the city towards the harbour are stunning, especially on a showery day when the light is constantly changing and you can see the showers in the distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We were driving in last night from Donnybrook hill - lovely nighttime view of the city.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

The view from the plane as I fly to somewhere with actual seasons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

I like the view up St Paul's Lane. Stand at the back of Waterstones, well between Waterstones and Bank of Ireland. Look up,the Lane for a perfect view of Shandon Cathedral/Bells.

The best view of the city is from the RTE mast in Collins Army barracks. I have climbed it (for work) a few times. The views are simply fantastic, you can see all the way out to EMC, also all the way out to Belvelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

Coming along the backroad from the airport towards Donnybrook, on the way to Scairt Cross, beautiful nighttime views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Shakey Bridge at dusk on a nice day

428010_3245902864235_1144543393_n.jpg

and then I turn around

417014_3245897664105_1329358430_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

delos wrote: »
    The views from up near Churchfield (Cathedral Rd?) out across the city towards the harbour are stunning, especially on a showery day when the light is constantly changing and you can see the showers in the distance.

It's actually Cathedral Road which is in Gurranabraher. Totally agree with the view. It's stunning. Keep meaning to take a pic to show my friends...

Another great view is if you come down Cathedral Rd, and turn into Gurranabraher Rd. Stand at the top of the hill, and you get a great view of St Finbarr's Cathedral. I did take a pic of the view for family and friends who thought it was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Lazarus Malrax

It's actually Cathedral Road which is in Gurranabraher. Totally agree with the view. It's stunning. Keep meaning to take a pic to show my friends...

Another great view is if you come down Cathedral Rd, and turn into Gurranabraher Rd. Stand at the top of the hill, and you get a great view of St Finbarr's Cathedral. I did take a pic of the view for family and friends who thought it was great!

Agreed, this is a wonderful vista of the city. I remember one morning coming down from the sorting office and I was listening to Explosions in the Sky on the ipod - I felt like I was in a movie. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Lazarus Malrax

gimmick wrote: »
    The Shakey Bridge at dusk on a nice day

428010_3245902864235_1144543393_n.jpg

and then I turn around

417014_3245897664105_1329358430_n.jpg

nice...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭fairchild

took this saturday from audley place

http://360.io/PGeD7R

http://360.io/9FT6Pe

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Fabulous pic Fairchild!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭spoofilyj

My favourite view of Cork is when I'm just a mile out from the Jack Lynch Tunnel and its the first look you get of Cork having been away.

Its by no means the prettiest view of Cork City but its my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

I agree. I was recently away for over 3 weeks and coming into Dublin Airport was a nightmare, cause I was wrecked. Long aircoach down but just seeing that part of Mahon across the water from that road was brilliant. You know your home then. First thing I done when I got home was get into the car to have a spin around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Used to work in Cork Airport and coming down the hill at nighttime or winter evenings and seeing a semicircle of light from the entire city is amazing - love that view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 juli123

i agree with top of patrick´s hill! great pic

Advertisement