Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup tutorial goes wrong!

• 05-07-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Mod note:This video may cause shock/fright and depicts
    a car crash

Any other girlies guilty of this? Unfortunately im very guilty and must stop. Needs sound for full effect. Very effective video and will put a stop to my careless ways..... :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Jaysus!

I thought something was amiss when she started on about rhinestones...
    Have to say I've never done the make-up while driving though, I'm clumsy enough at the best of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

It certainly gets the message across..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Jaysus, wasn't expecting that!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭awman

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Wasn't expecting that!

Have to say though it annoys the f**k out of me when I see girls doing their makeup while driving....how irresponsible!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Lollers

tan11ie wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting that!

Have to say though it annoys the f**k out of me when I see girls doing their makeup while driving....how irresponsible!!!

Yep, I hate seeing it too, aside from being dangerous it gives more ammunition to the "all women are terrible drivers" brigade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I'm deffo guilty of doing make-up on the bus & train when I'm short of time..... but driving is something different altogether! I don't get how people even attempt it! It's just silly, so not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

I'm very guilty of this unfortunately :o Im so so lazy in the morning, which is just not a good enough excuse at all. Will stop though as i know how dangerous it is....and honestly i got such a fright watching that video, i couldnt even imagine the real thing and all for the sake of a few extra minutes in the morning *shudder*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Jaysus!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

The amount of women I see regularly driving while doing their make up is disgraceful.

Only a few weeks ago I was waiting to cross the road, there was a car stopped on a pedestrian crossing and the women (in her 20s) was painting her nails. Yes really, painting her nails.

There was a queue of traffic in front of her, which is why she was stopped and when the traffic in front of her moved on, she was still painting her nails, some of the cars behind her beeped at her, so she looked in the mirror and continued painting, after she finished painting one hand she decided it was time to start driving again.

Another time I was coming home from town, was turning a corner and a BMW comes flying around the corner opposite me, female driver, doing mascara while driving.

She was speeding, turning around a corner AND doing make up.

I have no sympathy for people who decide to do make up while driving and then have an accident.

It is one of, if not the most stupid and irresponsible things you can do while diving and if you have an accident as a result of not paying attention to your driving/the roads you deserve to have the book thrown at you in court IMO.

If you can't bother your backside doing your make up at home, then wait until you get into work to do it, or else get up earlier and do it at home. Is a few extra minutes in bed worth the risk of having an accident and possibly killing yourself or someone else worth it?

It really gets to me when people take such stupid risks and put themselves and others at risk because they are too lazy to bother getting up earlier.

This isn't aimed at you OP, just irresponsible drivers in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

That frightened the crap outta me.

No idea what the point of those little gems is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Novella wrote: »
    That frightened the crap outta me.

No idea what the point of those little gems is though.

To distract you...just how you would be while driving while doing make up....well that's how I see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I never do my make up in the car. The most you're going to save yourself is a few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Very effective at getting message across but PLEASE CAN WE GET A WARNING ON THIS.

I got an awful shock :(

I can't believe women actually would do their make up in the car. I mean, seriously. Makeup. While driving. Are you insane:confused::confused:
    should be doing nothing but focusing on the road ffs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Mod note/spoiler added.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

tan11ie wrote: »
    To distract you...just how you would be while driving while doing make up....well that's how I see it.

I think it would've been better if she was just doing regular make up. 'Cause now it's like, "Oh, don't stick gems on your face in the car!", not just, "Don't put on make up". Not that I think doing regular make while driving is okay, just think the gems are kinda stupid here and subract from the actual message.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 HeadOfCurls

How can anyone drive and put on make up at the same time????
    I'm a woman that CAN'T multitask :D so it baffles me!!!

Advertisement