Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle

Options
  • 05-07-2012 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

Less go Jo-Jo

Art style looks really nice. Gameplay looks suitably mad, though it looks really early in development.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

JBA always make me wonder why in Japanese culture a punching flurry that happens so quickly it makes your fists blur, has to be accompanied with the very specific character scream of "Ura ura ura ura ura!"

Luffy from One Piece, and Deejay U2 (japanese voice) do this too.

Maybe ask them when you're over Sai :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I should probably read/watch JoJo's at some point...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭recnib

Damn that looks mad, fun but mad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

While the original JoJo's was made by Capcom, this one is being helmed by the Naruto game developers, so chances are this will be more of a zany anime fighter than a competitive anime fighter for those starting to get excited.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Apparently this isn't a fighting game at all, it's also running at 30 FPS.

Apparently the game would be less Jo-jo-ey at 60 FPS.

I'm not making this up, tis on the front page of SRK :D

• Advertisement

Anyone been following this?

Despite the protestations to the contrary, it looks like a 3d fighter, bit like the Naruto ones.

It sold absolute gangbusters- 400,000 copies in week 1 in Japan- and is now being internationalised.

So we may be seeing it soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Anyone been following this?

Despite the protestations to the contrary, it looks like a 3d fighter, bit like the Naruto ones.

It sold absolute gangbusters- 400,000 copies in week 1 in Japan- and is now being internationalised.

So we may be seeing it soon...

Meh.

Day-1 one-button infinites, characters I don't care about, and kinda-ugly aesthetics.

I'm in a tournament for it later today!

I don't think I've seen any footage aside from that trailer I posted up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Didn't they patch out the infinites?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Didn't they patch out the infinites?

Yup, less fun saying that than complaining about them though...

• Advertisement

So after plying this yesterday I can confirm it is actually a 2D fighter. It just reeeally hides that fact. The camera freely rotates around the combat as you play but the characters are completely locked to a 2D plane aside from a dodge button.

It seems good enough, but I only just showed up to the venue yesterday moments before being called to play in the tournament, so I had to learn the controls on the fly and got pasted :P

Advertisement