Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Went for a walk last night C&C

• 05-07-2012 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

I have been around here for a while now posting the odd pic in the random thread, doing a few of the challenges, only now have I plucked up the courage to do a C&C.

I went for a walk in the local park last night and shot the following

7506877140_08e6bfc0d2_z.jpg
    Project 27 of 52 by Jacko004, on Flickr

7506841904_e6a9442c49_z.jpg
    DSC_3060.JPG by Jacko004, on Flickr

7506838402_81bca1ea31_z.jpg
    DSC_3032.JPG by Jacko004, on Flickr

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

I think the first one posted is quite the pretty image and pleasing to the eye though it looks like you've a dust spot to contend with. Were you setting out for the "intentional camera movement" effect or is it a happy accident. eitherways its quite nice imho and creates an interest in the image.

#2 and #3 are pretty ordinary to be honest imho. I think the scene just wasn't there for you

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jaansu

Thanks AnCatDubh.

The first pic was intentional movement, didn't notice the dust.

As for the other two, thanks for your thoughts. They may not be the most unusual, standard silhouette and sunset, but I kind of liked them. The thing I'd like to know would be how to create the right scene a bit more often than one in three.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

For #2 I find the lowlying shrubs and man-made objects distracting. Crop them out leaving just the tree and the sky as objects (remembering to frame it using the rule of thirds).

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Thanks for tip old goat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I really like the flowers, makes me want to try that too. Other than that, same as has been said above, #2 I also don't like the goalposts and whatever else there is, just the tree and sky would be much prettier imo.

• Advertisement

7519439442_5a0c59f714_z.jpg
    DSC_3061.jpg by Jacko004, on Flickr

You mean like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Yes, much better, you might even have been able to save a bit more trunk at the bottom, hand cropping just above the "stuff" on my screen looks good, but that's just nitpicking.

Advertisement