Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lyle & Scott

• 05-07-2012 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Do you fashionistas see Lyle & Scott as a classy label , or as something Anto would save his dole money and treat himself to a Lyle & Scott jumper?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think it's nice, but not when paired with Diesel/Crosshatch/Superdry style jeans. That's just personal though, I prefer plainer jeans on a guy, Levi's, Nudie, Cheap Monday. I have seen if being worn by all manner of men, I wouldn't associate it with a particular group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

Thanks for your opinion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 157 ✭✭EarlyStorms

Over the last few years its been mainly associated with the Chino brigade, the lads who want something that isn’t Topman/River Island have been going for Allsaints/Lyle & Scott among others. It's more likely to be seen on TV presenters and Hairdressers then ''fashionistas'' IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

You should try 'Merc' or 'Barracutta'. Also 'Pretty Green' is having an online sale aswell, some top quality stuff there :)

I decided Lyle & Scott isn't my cup of tea.

I got one of these in the end.

http://www.asos.com/Henrik-Vibskov/Henrik-Vibskov-Round-Neck-Multi-Colour-Knitwear/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1920568&cid=0

Its a lovely jumper when you see it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Bid08

I think this is a nice brand, I see it in the likes of McGuirks for Golders so wouldnt think of it as too shabby

Bid08 wrote: »
    I think this is a nice brand, I see it in the likes of McGuirks for Golders so wouldnt think of it as too shabby

Thats one of the things that put me off it , the fact that it is originally for golfers .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

I like the one you went with, very original imo. Must admit that I love my L&S jumpers though. I wear them for work usually so I'm always wary of wearing them casually 'cos I don't want to wash them out.

Advertisement