Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sound system for my iPhone/iPod

• 05-07-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I'm on the hunt for an indoor sound unit for my 4S, I really have no clue which would be the best so I'm looking for recommendations from you guys,

Budget of about 200

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Are you looking for it to dock and charge also? Or a bluetooth speaker?

I have one of these and the sound is amazing. And it's a bluetooth speaker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Are you looking for it to dock and charge also? Or a bluetooth speaker?

I have one of these and the sound is amazing. And it's a bluetooth speaker
    +1 for the Logitech - great piece of kit! Sound is excellent for the size. Battery life is great too.
    Stay away from the docks as apple are strongly rumoured to be changing the power connector

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

I just one of these Pioneer systems from techforless.com.

Paid about $160 (€130). It was delivered in 2 days and I had to pay €50 odd duty/vat. So about €180 all in.

No cd player but has fm & internet radio, supports dlna, usb, has iphone/ipod dock and supports Airplay so you can play all your iPhone music through it wirelessly.

Good features for the money I reckon.

I see them on Amazon also for £155

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Hmmm,

I was liking the Logitech until I saw that option, Fm radio and usb has an advantage.... is there much bang out of both?

Stay away from airplay whatever you do. It's annoying as the only way to play music is by either docking the ipod or being on the same wifi. It's useless for true on the go music, which i'm guessing is what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

It's useless for true on the go music, which i'm guessing is what you want.
    he said indoor unit so I guessed 'on the go' wasn't a requirement. The sound is pretty good from the pioneer for the money I'd say. You can also buy a bluetooth dongle for it if you did want that feature.

v10 wrote: »
    he said indoor unit so I guessed 'on the go' wasn't a requirement. The sound is pretty good from the pioneer for the money I'd say. You can also buy a bluetooth dongle for it if you did want that feature.

True, but he still mightn't have a wireless connection going around his house, I just find airplay devices stupid since they depend on a wifi signal, they'd be better if they could mix and match bluetooth and wifi on the fly. And I know that there's a dongle for it, but i'd rather have a speaker in one whole package rather than have a speaker and BT dongle.

The sound quality from the logitech i linked is superb, for the size and price of the device, i can't recommend it more.

I could possibly stretch out the budget to the Bose series 2, heard them the weekend and they are very impressive!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Companion%C2%AE-3-multimedia-speaker-system/dp/B004EEEJIC/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341856174&sr=1-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Probably get my knuckles rapped for pimping my own ad, but here goes........

......http://www.adverts.ie/ipod-mp3/oxx-digital-soundbar-with-ipod-iphone-dock/1831141

I could possibly stretch out the budget to the Bose series 2, heard them the weekend and they are very impressive!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Companion%C2%AE-3-multimedia-speaker-system/dp/B004EEEJIC/ref=sr_1_8?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1341856174&sr=1-8
    Do you not have to wire your iPhone into that?? Or is there AirPlay?

• Advertisement

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Do you not have to wire your iPhone into that?? Or is there AirPlay?

Stereo jack no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

jawbone is another very good option - big sound small box so very portable - £114 or thereabouts at amazon, I've seen them upto €200 in shops. i didn't get one (yet) myself cos i got an older logitech device (z515) for 50 euro in pc world which will do for a while.

Those Jawbones are a bit meh to be honest, they look great but I found the sound quality and loudness to be fairly bad compared to the Logitech I linked in my first post

Stereo jack no?

The convenience of Airplay (bluetooth or wifi) is worth going for - the logitech is perfect for kitchen/bedroom/back garden etc.

If you have a budget - you would never go wrong by investing in a good sound system (http://www.richersounds.ie) - hooked up to an apple tv for Airplay.

Advertisement