Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics engine gets an arrival time

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

So a year away...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

With 0.7.5 in early August, I think late September may be feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

if they jump from 7.5 to 8.0 which is the rumour then theres a good possibility for a release say, sept / oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Euuugh. Just saw an early implementation of the physics. Looks bloody well like GTA but with tanks... I no likey. :(

(if they were doing the physics route I'd love to see an implementation of bullet drop).

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mikemelbrooks

Euuugh. Just saw an early implementation of the physics. Looks bloody well like GTA but with tanks... I no likey. :(

(if they were doing the physics route I'd love to see an implementation of bullet drop).
    Um They already do bullet drop. How does arty shoot through an arc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Um They already do bullet drop. How does arty shoot through an arc?

That's not bullet drop in the classic sense as you're not controlling the arc. The round drops where your aiming dot is. The arc is done automatically, you don't make any calculations yourself.

Proper bullet drop at least for a normal tank or TD would be adjusting your aim up based on the distance the target is away from you. Would add a nice element of skill to the game imo and make hitting weakspots more of a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mikemelbrooks

Your gun automatically adjusts for it when you've targeted an enemy tank that is spotted but if the tank you are aiming at disappears from view (IE the tank that was spotting it is knocked out) you need to aim a little higher thannormal to allow for bullet drop. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Always use manual aim so you learn the bullet drop (also better to be sure to hit specific parts of the tank even from distance)
    Autoaim is for noobs tbh ;)

Well at least it was when i played the game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

[DF]Lenny wrote: »
    Always use manual aim so you learn the bullet drop (also better to be sure to hit specific parts of the tank even from distance)
    Autoaim is for noobs tbh ;)

Well at least it was when i played the game
    Actually he's not talking about auto aim but the fact that if you aim on a spotted tank the game automatically compensate for the bullet drop. So shooting a tank at lets say 300m spotted you need to compensate nothing, if it disappears you need to raise the aim half a meter on the tank to get the bullet drop to land at the same spot.

Advertisement