Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wehay I passed my test thread :)

• 05-07-2012 1:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭

So I passed my A test, feel pretty good
    And
    now I dont have to wear the L plates anymore, plus can drive on the motorway which will be more convenient for crossing the city at times.

I know there are restrictions based on power for 2 years but other than that,
    a thought came into my head about bikes with sidecars, the A should cover that presumably?
    I dont have a sidecar :) just an idea.

edit, quick check on RSA, yes A does cover sidecars :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Merch wrote: »
    So I passed my A test, feel pretty good
    And
    now I dont have to wear the L plates anymore, plus can drive on the motorway which will be more convenient for crossing the city at times.

I know there are restrictions based on power for 2 years but other than that,
    a thought came into my head about bikes with sidecars, the A should cover that presumably?
    I dont have a sidecar :) just an idea.

edit, quick check on RSA, yes A does cover sidecars :)

Congratts.

Great day for it too (sunny and warm).:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Thanks, just reading over old motorbike threads I posted in , I should have asked them to add M to my licence too.
    Another poster mentioned that in differant thread, he thought it'd be handy if ever abroad if getting a scooter/moped, that it'd be easier to have it than explaining A covers M.
    Not hanging about to get it added to the licence so its already in the works, i'll see, but it probably depends on who you get at the desk.

Think I'll head back out for a spin :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well done...let the countdown begin for the 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 989 ✭✭✭rat_race

Nice one! Did mine in May...no major change for me as I didn't wear the L-hi-viz, or avoid the motorway! Very good feeling though...

They didn't do the M for me either. I suppose they should have seeing as they do W (tractors) for your car licence (B)...and A1, even though A covers A1. So why not M?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Well technically, I didnt avoid the motorway either on a few occasions, only 2 or 3 I'd say, just meant stopping and folding up my L bib :).

I've been driving cars for years, but I do find it odd that at least after a certain amount of L driving experience on any vehicle (possibly not at peak times) as an intro to a motorway in cars or bikes during the Learner stage that it isn't actually a requirement, but thats just my opinion, not an issue for me now.

Must look and find that thread that people arrange spins around the place, see if there are any local to me for the odd run.

• Advertisement
Advertisement