Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arduino boards

• 05-07-2012 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,

I wish to programme an Arduino to command a motor to push a piston in.

This is to be done when a micropressure sensor detects a specific pressure.

Also, the arduino must command the the motor to act as a generator (appropriate Power Electronics supplied) when required.

When another specific pressure is reached, the arduino board is to command valves to open.

I hope somebody can find the above not too difficult to implement. If some can do this can they please advise me how long it would take and a possible cost of implementing this?

Thanks in advance,
    Peter
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

What kind of motors, valves and pressure sensors do you have in mind? Also, how much pressure will you be working with?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Petefagan

I am using hybrid steppers (type Portescap 17HS-240E), with miniature pressure sensors (type XPCM-10 Measurement Specialties TM). I plan to use helium as a working fluid. The low temperature will be 50 Dec C and the high temperature will be 200 Deg C. It will be enclosed in a 200mm x 30mm diameter cylinder (0.0014 L). The valves are not essential for control. They should be simple open close valves, but at worst case, I can physically open and close them if they can't be programmed in preliminarily - any ideas?

Advertisement