Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Test tips

• 05-07-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭

Booked my full test on the 18th of June and now have a test date on the 10th of August in Tallaght. (7 weeks, 4 days if you are coming here after reading another thread :D)

Will be doing a pretest or two closer to the date but for now is there any advice you can pass along that I can start drilling myself into doing now to get used to.

What is the tester looking out for in cornering/roundabouts/stop signs etc. I hope in the month or so i've been riding I havn't picked up loads of bad habits. Thanks for the help :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well the biggest failure points is/are lack of progression, observation and speed. You really should ask around and anyone who has done the test in tallaght to show you the route it would be a great help.

The tester will be in a car, if you out on the test and he tells you to turn right/left and you see a gap for you TAKE IT...DO NOT WAIT FOR THE TESTER or you will be done for lack of progression. Take note of the speed, if you done for speeding its an automatic fail STRAIGHT OFF not a mark off. 5klm over is fine but do the speed it says not 50 in a 60 or 70 in an 80klm, and yes there might be an 80klm I had 3 of them in Meath.

Best of Luck ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Have a read of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭gipi

Vikings,

Just a question based on your comment about "In the month or so I've been riding..."

Do you have your learner permit for 6 months? You can't take your test within 6 months of getting your first learner permit - if you turn up at the test centre, the tester will check the dates and will not take you out.

Sorry if this isn't relevant to you, but in all the worry and bother over getting through the test, it would be an easy thing to miss - like going to the test centre with an out of date permit, which happened to the guy taking his test before me....the instructor with him had one heck of a red face, coz he forgot to check it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Very true....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Have a read of this

Thanks for that, hadn't seen that before and is very helpful!!
    gipi wrote: »
    Vikings,

Just a question based on your comment about "In the month or so I've been riding..."

Do you have your learner permit for 6 months? You can't take your test within 6 months of getting your first learner permit - if you turn up at the test centre, the tester will check the dates and will not take you out.

I was lucky enough that on a previous application form for my car licence I somewhere along the way was issued with a provisional A category which had not expired by 5 years when I applied for my A learner permit this time around. If I had known that it would have saved me 2 theory test fee's (one without study :o, then one with study) and an eye test fee.

So because this is my second learner permit the 6 months doesn't apply so I figure i'll try get the test out of the way nice and early.

• Advertisement
Advertisement