Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College of Computer Training

Options
  • 05-07-2012 2:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.cct.ie/

Anyone know much about this place? The quality of their courses compared to other colleges offering the same or similar qualifications? For example, their Computer Science degree is three years full time, accredited by University of Hertfordshire. Would it be likely that a TCD, DCU etc graduate would be given priority with all other things being equal on a CV?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

http://www.cct.ie/

Anyone know much about this place? The quality of their courses compared to other colleges offering the same or similar qualifications? For example, their Computer Science degree is three years full time, accredited by University of Hertfordshire. Would it be likely that a TCD, DCU etc graduate would be given priority with all other things being equal on a CV?

Their MSc in Computer science (here) only sits at level 7 on the NFQ according to their website.

Most Masters would sit at Level 9, which means they are NOT equivalent by Irish NFQ standards. And therefore I'm not sure they have an equivalent degree to DCU/TCD etc.

It may well be a great course, but I would be sceptical of its merits. As for how good the college is, I have no idea, but hope this info helps with your decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That appears to be a tad generous to call it an MSc. It's a totally different framework, as the previous poster points out, so appears to be equivalent to an Irish ordinary level degree.

Their BSc courses do appear to be on the correct framework, so do appear to be of suitable standard.

Advertisement