Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Office Season 9 [NBC - Spoilers]

Comments

lockie1983 wrote: »
    Yea the last couple of episodes have picked up mostly thanks to Dwight. The Erin/Andy/Jim Jr storyline is pointless, its a case of been there done that, remember Erin/Andy/Gabe. Its very lazy writing on behalf of the writers to focus so heavily on love triangles.

Jim/Pam/Roy.
    Andy/Angela/Dwight.

They're just rehashing the same old stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

They seem to be on a roll - Dwight spying for Angela and his lines "if I'm not in your panties, no vigilantes" and "Oscar and the Senator are gaying each other" comment had me in stitches.

The "she's had a camera crew following her around for the last 9 years" was a nice self-deprecating touch. Not exactly breaking the fourth wall (as that's built into the show) but a nod to the unlikelihood of it happening.

Not a big fan of the Erin / "new Jim" (I can't be bothered finding out his name) interaction though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Those 2 new interns are complete crap, Ive never seen new characters so blatantly shoehorned in to try and save a dying show, reminds me of:

250px-It%27sRoy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭OU812

Best episode in a long time

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thargor wrote: »
    Those 2 new interns are complete crap, Ive never seen new characters so blatantly shoehorned in to try and save a dying show

Not really trying to save a dying show when they announced its cancelled after this season!

Is it? Ah right, should have just killed it when Micheal left then.

Brutal episode, the acting is starting to go down the tubes now along with the writing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Can't beat a good pratfall though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Has Ed Helms just decided not to show up for work (in both senses)?

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this week actually, everyone seems to get more screen time. Also noticed all the leads are now producers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

the series has actually been improving since Andy left, he's just awful. I'm really enjoying Dwight in particular, his scene with Angela and Toby a couple of weeks ago was absolutely hilarious!

Erin and Plop are really boring though, I wish they'd stop pairing the insufferable Erin off with even more insufferable men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

the shows gonna end with michael coming back after figuring out that toby is the scranton strangler:D:D,

Wow, the most recent episode was surprisingly dark and tough to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

Jenna Fischer was fantastic in that last scene.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Crumbs wrote: »
    Jenna Fischer was fantastic in that last scene.

She was excellent. I liked the way they brought "the crew" into it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I read the idea to bring the crew into it was proposed by Mindy Kaling (Kelly) a few season ago but they only decided to go with it now as the end nears. Not a terribly funny episode but it's nice to have a storyline I actually care about to look forward to.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

didn't like the involvement of the crew whatsoever, might as well watch it out but I have little interest in it or the inevitable breakdown of jim and pam's marriage. At least Parks & Rec is still great ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I don't get why they brought the crew in like that either. Yeah, Pam and Jim are having troubles, but it wasn't a completely horrible exchange between them to merit bringing a handsome crewmember in to comfort her. She is my least favourite character, so I guess that's why it bothered me.

I like Erin and Pete. Their budding relationship isn't as central as Pam and Jim's was. It's just playing out in a similar way, plus she's very sweet to watch and not as cloying as Pam was!!

I'm probably only still watching out of loyalty at this stage, and this episode had very few laughs. A few weeks went by before Xmas where I completely forgot all about it.. bad times!

It kinda feels like they were trying to introduce a relationship between Pam and the sound-guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

"Fire in the hole!"

(speaking of cameras, it looks like the 2nd kid in the car that milkshakes Dwight wasn't even filming the prank).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It kinda feels like they were trying to introduce a relationship between Pam and the sound-guy?
    Felt like that to me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They sure are as evidently shown in the next two episodes. It's very lazy writing, the sound guy didn't feature once in 9 years and he features in 3 episodes in a row. :mad:

The show is gone to the dogs, I can understand now why Ed Helms didn't want much of a part in it this season.

Looking forward to seeing it all wrap up once and for all.

Yeah, it was really ridiculous that they've introduced this character. Seriously, maybe if they had brought him in last season and built up to there, then it might have been a bit better.

I think he got name-checked a couple of times in the previous couple of seasons, but it was awkwardly handled in the new episodes. He should have been shown in a throwaway scene last season & it would have been an easier transition.

that thing with Pam and the Boom guy is PAINFUL to watch.

Painful is the word, what a fcuking disaster these new ones are compared to the glory days. I remember literally being out of breath laughing at the old ones now its just cringe after cringe even before the low point with this sound guy, I just sit there in silence now, its become too smug and aware of itself.

They sure are as evidently shown in the next two episodes. It's very lazy writing, the sound guy didn't feature once in 9 years and he features in 3 episodes in a row. :mad:

The show is gone to the dogs, I can understand now why Ed Helms didn't want much of a part in it this season.

im sure Ed Helms is only missing due to filming of Hangover 3, hes down as a producer on the show, doubt you could get away with a producer credit while dissing the show by asking for a way out,
    Yeah, it was really ridiculous that they've introduced this character. Seriously, maybe if they had brought him in last season and built up to there, then it might have been a bit better.
    OU812 wrote: »
    I think he got name-checked a couple of times in the previous couple of seasons, but it was awkwardly handled in the new episodes. He should have been shown in a throwaway scene last season & it would have been an easier transition.

yeah it is kind of odd that they have suddenly gone down this path, but i do understand the logic in showing that pam has a good relationship with the sound guy, after all we are suppose to assume that off camera these people talk all the time, as much as they say they dont, you cant film people for 9 years and not build up some kind rapport,

i dont think the sound guy should have been fired, what exactly was he suppose to do let the warehouse psycho kick the **** out of pam, that makes less sense than introducing him,

this season has been better than last season, but that isnt saying a whole lot really,

also im sure i heard recently that carrell isnt gonna be making an appearance in the final episode, what an asshole, i thought it would have been great if he popped up and accused toby of being the scranton strangler,

don ramo wrote: »

also im sure i heard recently that carrell isnt gonna be making an appearance in the final episode, what an asshole, i thought it would have been great if he popped up and accused toby of being the scranton strangler,

I can understand Carrell not wanting to come back. He feels that his exit was the best one for that character and having him return and then exit would undermine that - and I sorta agree with him. His exit was great.

Seemingly though, Kelly and Ryan will both be making an appearance, which I'm excited about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Unlike most here I am really enjoying this season.
    Bost moment of this week was Kevin calling the (state) senator out. Fair play Kevin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

Saul Goodman basically playing Michael Scott was both surreal and very funny to watch.:D

Maybe it's because I know the end is near but I'm enjoying this season more than I have since about season 5 or 6.

• Advertisement

Decent episode. Would of been better had there been less Andy! Was directed by Jon Favreau of Ironman fame which was intereting.

That was an interesting nod to the fact that they were actually making a documentary film. I wonder if the last episode will be the Office watching the first episode of the Office.

Andy needs to go away and stay away. Every story involving him is horrible.

I love Dwight and Angela together! They're the only couple I ever rooted for on this stupid show, I hope they get together before the finale.

The pop-up on Oscar's screen was great too, it would be pretty cool if they all finally watched themselves on TV.

Yeah, one of the better episodes in a while. Even Andy wasn't so bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 El Paso

Whens the next episode? Its been nearly a month.
    Damn US networks.

so here's where Andy was for three months...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

El Paso wrote: »
    Whens the next episode? Its been nearly a month.
    Damn US networks.

28th of March

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭colinod0806

28th of March

Its on this Thursday, isn't it?

Its on this Thursday, isn't it?

According to Wikipedia you are correct sir, the episode is titled "The Farm" which was a lead way episode to the pilot episode of Schrute Farms which never got the green light in the end.

• Advertisement

Amazed they actually showed Dwight shooting into the coffin. Really enjoyed the episode.

very good episode this week with them all finding out just how much of their lives the documentary crew filmed,

Still an episode behing, but I found "The Farm" really good. There was a lot of potential in that series. Can't understand why it didn't get at least one series.

Just watche the latest. Great episode. Oscar & Angela were brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just watched a rake of them back to back. I am enjoying it a lot more than the last few seasons, as some1 else said, it is probably because the end is in sight.
    Although this whole Pam and sound guy thing is a bit cringe.

Shane St. wrote: »
    Just watched a rake of them back to back. I am enjoying it a lot more than the last few seasons, as some1 else said, it is probably because the end is in sight.
    Although this whole Pam and sound guy thing is a bit cringe.
    I think they closed that off in the most recent episode. That's the impression I got at least

• Advertisement

I think they closed that off in the most recent episode. That's the impression I got at least

Yea I got that impression also, they seem to have closed it off just as quick as they started it. It all seemed very rushed and forced! :-/

Yea I got that impression also, they seem to have closed it off just as quick as they started it. It all seemed very rushed and forced! :-/

It's entirely possible that audiences didn't like where it was going so they decided to close it off

I just found it terribly predictible. We know nothing is going to happen and Jim and Pam are going to 'fall in love all over again' while riding into the sunset. If it was introduced earlier it might have worked better but with the end so near it's all to obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

It's entirely possible that audiences didn't like where it was going so they decided to close it off

It came across as a rehash of the lame story arc from the previous season about the temp that appeared as if by magic out of nowhere for a few episodes, who tried to get into Jim's pants then vanished without any explanation ever given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I'm really enjoying these last few weeks. Dwight is in top form these days. Tranquiliser darts + Stanley + stairs, what could possibly go wrong? The only character I couldn't give a rat's ass about is Andy. Last week, referring to Angela as 3PM Girl had me rofling.

• Advertisement
Advertisement