Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Office Season 9 [NBC - Spoilers]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I hope Michael Scott is back for the finale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Steve Carrell has confirmed he will not be. He's happy with how the character left.

Steve Carrell has confirmed he will not be. He's happy with how the character left.

You have to admire him for that. He's said multiple times how much he loved making the show and how close he became with the cast, but he knows it'd do an injustice to the Michael Scott character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I was hoping since Michael left that the finale would be him coming back for his wedding :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

You have to admire him for that. He's said multiple times how much he loved making the show and how close he became with the cast, but he knows it'd do an injustice to the Michael Scott character.
    I don't buy that at all. In fact I'd say the opposite. The season (and retrospectively you could say the entire series) is building up towards the release/screening of this documentary.

I would consider it to be massively out of character for the series to reach that climax without his presence. At the very least they need to incorporate a reason for him not being around imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Hi guys - I'm such a massive fan of this show, but I've not seen any of season 9 (I've seen season 1-8 numerous times). Anyone know if there's a Region 2 DVD release planned?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    Hi guys - I'm such a massive fan of this show, but I've not seen any of season 9 (I've seen season 1-8 numerous times). Anyone know if there's a Region 2 DVD release planned?

Thanks

I'd say there will be once it finishes airing in America next month. I think it might be due out around September or October although I'm open to correction.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

Well we're reaching the end - 3 more episodes to go after last nights. (I think the final ep may be a double).
    The quality has certainly dipped but after watching the show for 9 years I must say it's still a must-see for me.

Last nights ep was watchable with a few stand out one liners.

Despite the shows deterioration the only comedy I rate ahead of this at the moment is New Girl.
    I've been let down by Community and Parks&Rec the last year.

Keep watching folk!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Wouldn't Angela be getting a ton of child support and alimony from the Senator? And her job must pay alright, why is she so strapped for cash?I really hope she winds up with Dwight though, they're such a perfect couple.

I sincerely hope that Jim and Pam get divorced, I am completely sick of them at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

Is this shown on any channels over here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

phasers wrote: »
    Wouldn't Angela be getting a ton of child support and alimony from the Senator? And her job must pay alright, why is she so strapped for cash?I really hope she winds up with Dwight though, they're such a perfect couple.

All that cat food costs a pretty penny. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

Afaik, child support (if its his) & alimony only kick in when divorced & they're just separated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I thought the kid was secretly Dwight's?

Does anyone other than Angela know that though?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Didn't they have a paternity test in one of the episodes last season, or early this season? Can't remember, haven't paid that much attention to the office.

^ I believe you are correct.

I dont remember exactly what happened but IIRC as far as anyone knows Dwight is not the baby daddy. It might have been implied that Angela faked the test though, Im not sure...

I dunno, I kind of got the impression that she and the Senator never had sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

I only remembered to watch it tonight. Back in the day, I'd watch it the night after it was aired in the U.S!

I just couldn't watch that Pam and Jim embrace. The whole situation with the two of them could not feel any more contrived imo.

This season is lolloping toward its end, and is not good viewing for the most part. It's a shame it didn't come to a more natural end when Steve Carell was still around.

• Advertisement

This episode was quite sweet, but not particularly funny. Nice to see Dwight finally get the gig he's always wanted, and Oscar being helpful to Angela. But then the scene where Pam overhears Jim backing out of that Athlead thing.. sigh. I just don't care about them.

My favourite scene was when the two couples were sitting in the Anex and Erin mouths "what" at Pete and leaves. Erin is the only character that still makes me laugh. Makes me miss Kelly Kapoor - I really hope Mindy Kaling is back for the finale!

Is Andy properly gone now? I really hope so, he is officially the worst character on television. Taking a crap on someone's car?????? Really?

Pam and Jim are so boring at this stage. I think the commute between Scranton and Philadelphia is like an hour or something, big woop. Tons of people travel a lot further than that every day and they don't get divorced over it. Quit bitching Pam, the man is trying to make a success of himself. God forbid you see Jim slightly less or, even worse, move to a nicer house a middling distance between your jobs. What a horrible future laid out before you! Oh, and didn't Pam originally hate the house she's in now? What suddenly changed?

I don't know why I'm sticking up for Jim, he's a massive bonehead too. If he took five seconds to discuss anything with Pam we wouldn't be subjected to any of this crap. ARGH I HATE JIM AND PAM. As a couple that is, I actually don't mind Jim when Pam isn't around. That whiny shrew.

/rant

I actually cheered when Dwight jumped on the desk and it was so awesome seeing everyone congratulate him! Go Dwight! When he ends up with Angela (He's got to, right?) and it comes out that Phillip is actually his then I will be so happy. I love Dwight.

Phyllis and Stanley talking about Lil Romeo made me laugh out loud for some reason, I think it was Phyllis' facial expression at the end. Those two are a great double act, I wish we'd seen more of them over the series.

Agreed with the reactions to Dwight being named manager. I had a huge smile on my face. Love the scene where he appoints Jim assistant to the regional manage :D

Only two more (albeit double) episodes left!!

Great episode. Shame they're just getting better, more developed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

its looks like the show is gonna go out on a high after-all, must say though they seemed to have squeezed about 3 seasons of character development into the last 5 or 6 episodes, where was all this emotional tension the last 4 seasons,

i actually feel happy now for nearly all the characters, andy is gonna live his dream (i wonder will they show him succeed at the end), dwight more or less has everything he has ever wanted, and will undoubtedly get angela and find out her kid is his in the end, jim and pam look to be finally making a definitive decision on their future, i think probably in california, i cant see it ending with pam being a huge bitch and shackling jim to his assistant to the regional manager job ;),

im really looking forward to seeing how it ends for everyone,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Thought that was a great episode

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,604 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Steve Carell will be back for The Office's finale. TVLine reports that Michael Scott's reappearance will be "more of a cameo" than a full-on guest role

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Beat me to it JP. Good to see he'll make an appearance

I loved the recent episode. Funny for the first half and getting the sentimentality just right as we head toward the final episode next week.

Just watching the second last episode now, good to see Creed getting the class lines again.

Wish there wasn't a promo for the finale at the end of that!

• Advertisement

Yay Dwight! As much as I don't like the whole Pam/Jim thing that video was adorable and Jim talking to Dwight over it made me choke up a little. I love their relationship.

The Andy thing was unspeakably bad, seriously dude go away.

Michael's gonna be at Dwight's bachelor party right? RIGHT???

I loved Meredith saying how she better come out smelling like roses because she had been on her best behaviour while the cameras were there!:D

Yeah the Andy bit was untertaining as usual. Didn't get the Darryl bit either, they could have given him something more to do.

Is the last episode a double too?

It's a double plus an extra fifteen minutes for some reason, so a 75-minute finale

I'm actually really excited about it, the show has been fantastic the last few episodes, Andy aside.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

phasers wrote: »
    It's a double plus an extra fifteen minutes for some reason, so a 75-minute finale

I'm actually really excited about it, the show has been fantastic the last few episodes, Andy aside.

It certainly is going out on a high! Mostly cause it went back to its roots. With Dwight and Angela and Pam and Jim.

Love the Jim/Dwight dynamic, Dwight "Welcome", Jim "He welcomes you"

:D

The finale episode will be 55minutes long excluding adverts :)

Have to Agee with the above, the penultimate episode was fantastic. The right amount of comedy and sentiment.

I'm unsubscribing from this thread now. Don't want any spoilers for the finale

Why is it that when the show is about to end, they finally get back to their roots? The most recent episode actually got a few tears from me, which was extremely unusual. I like that with the finale -
    it is 6 months later, at Angela and Dwight's wedding, plus it looks like Kelly and Ryan will be back to it.
    (damn, I wish I had stopped the video before the preview!)

Probably not a spoiler, but I wonder if they will go anywhere with the whole Toby being the Scranton Strangler thing, since that's the direction they seemed to be going in this season.

I would LOVE if Michael Scott came back, discovered Toby to be the Strangler and went "AHA! I knew there was something wrong with you."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Why is it that when the show is about to end, they finally get back to their roots? The most recent episode actually got a few tears from me, which was extremely unusual. I like that with the finale -
    it is 6 months later, at Angela and Dwight's wedding, plus it looks like Kelly and Ryan will be back to it.
    (damn, I wish I had stopped the video before the preview!)

Probably not a spoiler, but I wonder if they will go anywhere with the whole Toby being the Scranton Strangler thing, since that's the direction they seemed to be going in this season.

I would LOVE if Michael Scott came back, discovered Toby to be the Strangler and went "AHA! I knew there was something wrong with you."

I was convinced toby was the SS, untill the strangler strangled him in prison.

I am dreading tonight, I genuinely feel so sad that its all ending. Especially after the quality of this season after the couple of ridiculous Sabre/robert california/kathy bates years.
    Tonight better be flawless or I will be disgusted that last week wasn't the finale.

I hope the usual places have the pre-show in good time, want to watch it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

And thats the end of that chapter!!
    Only okay episode, I enjoyed last weeks more!! Not really a spoiler but I don't want people waiting to be disappointed just because I didnt overly enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

how was michael??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭tvercetti

D.Q wrote: »
    how was michael??
    Made 1 "Thats what she said" joke and didnt have many more lines. I guess they were trying to avoid making him the center of attention with him already having his farewell. You knew he was about to appear but was still a nice moment

Wish I hadn't known Micheal was going to be back, could have been a nice scene if I hadn't seen it coming. Decent episode, real epilogue feel to it which I assume is what they were going for.

Seriously though, how cute was that baby of Ryan's!?

When I saw Michael at the door I started crying, I'd heard rumours about him being in the finale but I convinced myself it wouldnt happen. it was so great seeing him and I actually loved how they did it. It was everyone else's goodbye, not his, so the brief appearance was perfect.

It was a great finale, not the funniest episode but it wrapped everything up really well.

Creed was probably the highlight for me though, from Dwight revealing his past to his beard to his awesome monologue at the end, and the song he played was amazing!

I could have done without Kelly and Ryan thoigh, their bit was pointless and unfunny.

Probably not as funny as last weeks episode but I still loved it. Michael has only a small part but it was still great. I was punching the air when I saw him, for some reason I had convinced myself that Jim was going to announce Mose as the new best man.

The last 5 minutes were excellent. Even Andy's bit really got me. Watching that coupled with starting to say my goodbyes to people from college the past few days got me very emotional :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Anyone else think Steve Carrell was the image of Rowan Atkinson in this episode?? :D

But a great episode in all, a fitting end to the series. As said, Steve Carrells brief appearance was done brilliantly. The one liner "That's what she said" was enough. A great choice by the writers not to end the series with the Dunder gang watching the documentary - watching their lives unfold a year after its showing was a great call, one I was skeptical of at the beginning of the episode. How does Dwight's marriage to Angelia fit in with The Farm sitcom that was proposed, or is that still going ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

All in all, an amazing episode, the shift from comedy to emotion spot on, had me in tears for the last half.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Compak

Dman001 wrote: »
    . How does Dwight's marriage to Angelia fit in with The Farm sitcom that was proposed, or is that still going ahead?

Scrapped, I believe

Enjoyed it. Erin's storyline was the highlight for me. Enjoyed Meredith's angle also.

Shame The Farm was scrapped, that had potential.

• Advertisement

Advertisement