Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wide grip bench press for a female

Options
  • 05-07-2012 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

I've been training with weights for a while. I've did crossfit and am now doing weightlifting however i've never really benched before. I was benching last week in the gym (very small about 20 of us so I know everyone) one of the lads suggeste that I widen my grip alot, to the extent that my little fingers is at the rings and i'm not tall so my arms aren't that long. He said it would be easier but I actually find a narrow grip easier.

However i'm feeling the difference big time in my pecs which I think is no bad thing. I've heard it can be tough on the shoudlers but I don't find any shoulder pain this week? I work my triceps with presses from the back of my neck so i'm thinking of continuing to bench in this way. Any tips?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Sounds about right. The correct width depends on your own arm length, but pinkies to rings doesn't sound very excessive.

It's easier "your" way/the old way because that's what your'e used to and it's how you've practiced. The new way will get easier the more you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

As you've already got a good response to your question I feel it's only right to hijack this thread:D:D

Would you consider starting a training log in the Health and Fitness Forum or even here on the Strength Forum? There just isnt many ladies logs on either forum to follow and it's nice to see what others are doing.

Please:)

Advertisement