Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pilot Training College has license suspended by IAA

Options
  • 05-07-2012 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Linky link
    The Irish Aviation Authority has suspended the training licence of the Waterford-based Pilot Training Centre of Ireland.
    The trainee pilots are stranded in Florida after being told that their course will not be continuing.
    The trainees had paid fees to the Pilot Training Centre of Ireland (PTC), but the Florida Institute of Technology Aviation (FIT) told students that they would not be allowed into the air again.
    In a statement, PTC confirmed it had terminated its contract with FIT, following what PTC said was the Florida institute's "non-performance".
    It said some, but not all of the students in Florida will lose money as it has already paid for services that FIT has not yet delivered on.

Does not show the PTC in a favorable light. Leo Varadkar has gotten involved, I heard him on the news at lunchtime. He wants to see if the Training Colleges in either Limerick or Cork (I think) will take on the students and help them finish the course at cost price. Seems to contradict what the Waterford PTC are saying... :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

There is a thread about this already in the aviation section, This is the second time this has happened, I have being here myself but not in waterford, i was warned not to pay up such a large amount of money, and I'm glad I didn't feel sorry for the lads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056690106

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

There is a thread about this already in the aviation section, This is the second time this has happened, I have being here myself but not in waterford, i was warned not to pay up such a large amount of money, and I'm glad I didn't feel sorry for the lads.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056690106

Reading that thread, it appears as though the PTC, who we thought was such a great addition to the airport, was run by a pack of gangsters. Reflects badly on Waterford and the airport. Also sounds like an area that badly need greater regulation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 363 ✭✭FishBowel

No sympathy, they could have got Flight Simulator X for only €30!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

So does this mean they are out of business? the Pilot training school?

They bought about 6 houses in Carraig An Aird just in off the Six Cross Roads there, I wonder what they are gonna do with those houses? they were bought in 2007 so they would have paid full whack for them at least €290,000 as they are 4 beds and nice homes i have to say.

Wonder what will happen to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

Investor interested in Waterford Pilot College takeover

The High Court heard yesterday that the Pilot Training College in Waterford could possibly be saved.The examiner appointed to Waterford college which is run by the PTC in the US,is currently negotiating with a potential investor interested in taking it over.Mr Justice Barry White was told by Barrister Bernard Dunleavy that the Examiner Michael McAteer needed more time to finish his report on a possible arrangement to save the companyJudge White extended time until September 26.None of the Three hundred and fifty students affected by the collapse of the college objected to the extension of time.

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/161577.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement