Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to tell mom im pregnant at 29 weeks??nervous!!

Options
  • 05-07-2012 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

:confused:

hi all, im 31 and 29 weeks pregnant, ive been leaving my announcement late to make sure all is well with baby so far so good. I havent told anyone and want to tell family first. Im really nervous of their reaction, im single but have a great partner and stable life, i know i should be grand but feel lost as how to tell the news .my mom is calling tomorrow and really need to tell her,ive tried on a few attempts but something always got in the way.please help .thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Deep breath, then shout "HOWS IT GOIN' GRANNY!"

She's your mam, not a monster, tell her the only reason you delayed as to make sure everything with the baby was ok. Tomorrow is the perfect chance to tell her. Just do it :D!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

sit her down and talk to her over coffee or cake or something like that,dont just spring it on her,and its not like you are annoucing a death or something,it should be a happy time for you and her,and she will be a grandma soon,so there should be plenty of joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭javagal

Your 31, your not a baby , Although I must admit, I'm 23 and telling my Mam made me feel like I was a teen mom!

You said you have a great partner and baby is healthy so what more is there to be worried about. She'll be delighted-maybe a little perplexed as to why you left it so late!

Do you not have a bump yet?Maybe she already knows?

Just do it like a band aid..Just come out with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

As the others have said just come straight out with it. We delayed telling my folks this time for a number of different reasons. Only told them around week 24. I just told them that, all going well, they're going to have another grandchild by October.

Look happy and be happy about it and she will have to do the same :)

Oh, and congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 acia

Congratulations!!! , I had my first baby at 24 and like you was in a stable relationship but I had just moved in with my partner. I was so nervous telling my mother because we werent married and kept putting it off but when I bit the bullet and told her she was going to be a granny she was so delighted that she had her first grandchild on the way and ended up being my birthing partner!. It won't be as bad as you think it'll be!! Good luck x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

It might be that being pregnant isn't helping with the nerves either? Just try and relax and tell her sitting down over a cup of tea and some cake maybe... And congratulations too by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 justme83

I was 24 when I was pregnant and I found out on a Thursday and by the Sunday my mother had already guessed. I was gone off food and a bit vacant I think.

So maybe she knows?

I didn't believe my doctor when she told me "your mother probably knows already!"
    So in the end my mam asked me! All I had to do was say "Yep!" lol handy!

Congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 taylor999

she had guessed a few weeks ago and when i said surprise on the phone she thought i was joking and said with relief oh good ur not so ..then ranted on about how much it would be bad timing...i think she just doesnt like my partner.still i have to do it just so nervous since her immediate reaction left me lost for words and a bit dis heartened.thanks for yer replies tho xx

yes Javagal, ive a bump now it is more obvious now last 2 weeks .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

taylor999 wrote: »
    she had guessed a few weeks ago and when i said surprise on the phone she thought i was joking and said with relief oh good ur not so ..then ranted on about how much it would be bad timing...i think she just doesnt like my partner.still i have to do it just so nervous since her immediate reaction left me lost for words and a bit dis heartened.thanks for yer replies tho xx
    My sister made a comment like that to me when I was about 1 month pregnant (I suspected I was pregnant but hadn't told anyone). I was in a similar situation to you, 31, in a stable relationship but not married and worried about the family's reaction. To be honest, I think their attitude will most likely change when you tell them the news. Think about it, your baby will be their grandchild! I told my parents over the phone, and while they were surprised, they were delighted! Telling them removed all the stress I had been feeling. I say tell them as soon as you can. Introduce it by saying you're so happy you have good news to share with them - emphasise the positive! Best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Congrats!
    She won't have meant it really - it will have been an off the cuff comment!! I'd say tell her straight out - she will be so excited - you could book a private scan and invite her along to make her feel involved as you've left it later telling her? She will understand tho and just be delighted all is well with u and the baby and will be so excited its arriving soon!!
    I'd love to have ur will power - when I was pregnant I had verbal diarrhoea and blurted it out to my mum at 5 weeks!!!!! Thank god she can keep a secret!!!!

thanks ladies your reassurance is helping me a bit im hoping ye are right and her reaction will be positive because im very happy and excited to have this baby and hope she understands i wanted to wait for good reasons .this is the first grandchild in my family so really want it to be a happy time.she is due to visit sometime this afternoon so ye are really helping me keeping positive and not dwelling on all things bad.maybe im just over emotional thats not helping me either :)xx

Just a message to update you all who have been so supportive.
    I told my mother today and she reacted very well thank God !!:):) im so happy now i feel an awful weight off my shoulders and i feel so happy she is on my side .
    thank you for your messages xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

Great! Now sit back, relax and let the good times roll! The later stages fly by, albeit with a little discomfort!! But such a special lovely time for u and all the family! Congrats again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

oh that's brilliant, delighted it went well for you, i remember going to tell my mam and his mam and my bp was through the roof but they were grand about it, now enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Just a message to update you all who have been so supportive.
    I told my mother today and she reacted very well thank God !!:):) im so happy now i feel an awful weight off my shoulders and i feel so happy she is on my side .
    thank you for your messages xx

So glad that it went well! Now you can relax and enjoy your pregnancy! Best of luck!

Advertisement