Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comcorder Repair

Options
  • 05-07-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can someone tell me where I can get my Panasonic Comcorder repaired at a reasonable price.The LCD for this comcorder has a big black spot in the middle.This was damaged by kids.I purchased this for €170,on a half the original price deal. Called one company and the guy said it will cost me €100.This wont make financial sense sine I bought this cheapily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

Myself, I bought a Panasonic Lumix FX 01 in 2007.
    This cost 330 euro.
    In 2010, I damaged the lense myself by letting camera fall on stones when attacked by a wasp from a bin in a seaside town which I won't name here - bin has subsequently been removed.

Went to shop where I bought the thing. They said it would not be worth repairing.

In a nutshell,remember when buying these things here in Ireland:

unfortunate but true fact, they are regarded in the same way as the snazzier mobile phones by the the so called 'repair agents' here.
    In other words, any decent repair agents here in Ireland for the likes of phones, or your camcorder, for a decent repair charge, in a decent repair time frame will be very few and far between.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ndugu

Hi,
    If you have warranty period than you should go for service center.
    Unfortunately the warranty on it has just run out and the camcorder is still pretty new

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Ndugu

gugleguy wrote: »
    Myself, I bought a Panasonic Lumix FX 01 in 2007.
    This cost 330 euro.
    In 2010, I damaged the lense myself by letting camera fall on stones when attacked by a wasp from a bin in a seaside town which I won't name here - bin has subsequently been removed.

Went to shop where I bought the thing. They said it would not be worth repairing.

In a nutshell,remember when buying these things here in Ireland:

unfortunate but true fact, they are regarded in the same way as the snazzier mobile phones by the the so called 'repair agents' here.
    In other words, any decent repair agents here in Ireland for the likes of phones, or your camcorder, for a decent repair charge, in a decent repair time frame will be very few and far between.
    Thanks for the response

• Registered Users Posts: 17 r3dr00m

Sorry for exhumating old thread, but if it's not too late, I would advice if you find out how much would the replacement part cost and get in touch with some one who is repairing mobile phones in likes of GSM centers. Lads working there have equipment and some level of know how that could allow them to make such a simple replacement, if required part is supplied.

Advertisement