Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Group UK TV ad censored.

Options
  • 05-07-2012 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭

When the Kerry Group spokesmen mentions “tongue in cheek” in relation to the naked rear-end of a farmer in a TV ad, I wonder which cheeks he's talking about? :eek:

Kerry Group cuts scene from UK TV advertisement after it received a number of complaints

Kerry Group has cut a scene from a TV advertisement aired in the UK after it received a number of complaints.
    The ad for Richmond Ham featured the rear view of a naked farmer walking through a field.
    A spokesperson for Kerry Foods said the advert was designed to convey the core message of Richmond Ham's natural ingredients in a tongue-in-cheek manner.
    However, following feedback from some consumers, Kerry Foods decided to cut the ad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

It's a ridiculous ad anyway. It wont get me to go and buy that particular ham.:p But to sensor the ad is even more ridiculous as there is nothing to be seen that's worth sensoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,052 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's a ridiculous ad anyway. It wont get me to go and buy that particular ham.:p But to sensor the ad is even more ridiculous as there is nothing to be seen that's worth sensoring.

I bet the sales have gone up thanks to the "bad" publicity.

I hope they restrain themselves the next time they do an ad for sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

:D
    I'm sure good ( or bad) advertising works, if not there wouldn't be any.
    Personally, I'd like to think it doesn't affect me in a way that I would buy advertised stuff. Even if it the ad has naked ham on display.;)

Advertisement